Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Greece vs Lidl Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Skopzz wrote: »
    Assuming it is the same product. How do you figure it's a different product?

Um, I look at picture and see it is different.

How you figure it is the same?

(ps. I mean you are not comparing two of the exact same items. Obviously they are both driers :cool:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Skopzz

patwicklow wrote: »
    Maybe its a hint that they have been hung out to dry!

Probably because they've been forced to bail out ponzie bankers. :cool:

amdublin wrote: »
    Um, I look at picture and see it is different.

How you figure it is the same?

(ps. I mean you are not comparing two of the exact same items. Obviously they are both driers :cool:)

But that's it, one cannot tell whether or not it's a different product by simply relying on the picture. Lidl give pictures that are often different than what the item appears in the store.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

They are not the same product.
    The descriptions are different, the accessories are different, the sizes are different and the pictures are different. And this is the shocking bit, the prices are different.

Why bother even starting a thread in the first place :confused:

Edit:
    This is the irish one at €19.99 ...same as the greek one. Maybe do some proper research before starting a thread in future?
    http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_16889.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Greece is similar to Ireland because we can compare prices due to the same currency and similar situations we both face. I wouldn't guess the Greeks know how much a clothes airer should cost because Lidl clearly sets the price here. Lidl Ireland is much more expensive than Greece which is the point.

They are similar situations in one way only, so the debt bubble. I the two economies are actually hugely different. You'd be struggling to find two EU countries less similar to be quite honest.

Comparing Ireland and Spain would be slightly more realistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,333 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

How do you know it's Aquapur? From what I can see, it doesn't mention the brand name on the Greek page.

I suggest you scroll down a fraction on that page before making statements that only serve to further weaken your argument.

snubbleste wrote: »
    They are not the same product.
    The descriptions are different, the accessories are different, the sizes are different and the pictures are different. And this is the shocking bit, the prices are different.

Why bother even starting a thread in the first place :confused:

Edit:
    This is the irish one at €19.99 ...same as the greek one. Maybe do some proper research before starting a thread in future?
    http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_16889.htm

You pasted a link to Lidl Ireland - that wasn't Lidl GREECE.

The issue is not Lidl Ireland to Lidl Ireland prices - rather it is Lidl Ireland to Lidl Greece.

Zaph wrote: »
    I suggest you scroll down a fraction on that page before making statements that only serve to further weaken your argument.

Thanks. I did read the Greek page but either they had since updated it or I lost my glasses. Guess we should call this thread quits.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Pointless thread closed, I guess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement