Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<snip> Sales Reps Beware!

Options
  • 11-02-2012 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

The revolving door for sales reps is spinning again! Every 6-8 months its out with the old and in with the new at <snip>. Lots of promises are made, hey you are even in the running for sales manager! but you will find that despite your best efforts meeting and exceeding your sales targets regularly, working weekends and evenings is still not enough 6 months will pass and you will be harassed bullied and annoyed out through that revolving door.Trust me it will happen. Sales reps beware!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

It doesn't make any business sense that someone would be "gotten rid" of if they are exceeding their sales targets. I find this hard to believe that this happens, seems more like the targets aren't being met.

Where I work, reps are let go when they are consistently not making their targets despite training/coaching etc.

Having said all that, sales is a tough business to be in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 the philanthropist

You are absolutely right it would be logical to think that way providing the company itself works by logic. People are as you say are "gotten rid" for various reasons such as company politics, refusing to work for no pay, not been a yes man or woman or having an opinion.

Unfortunately the only way you will find this out for yourself is if you take the job. Like i said <snip> Sales Reps beware.

Sales is a tough business to be in. Especially when you get paid commission only.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Thread closed; this isn't really a work problem and people signing up to slate companies rarely ends well. OP, send me a pm if you want. 

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement