Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wargame: European Escalation

Options
  • 12-02-2012 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭

anyone interested in this game?
    out the end of this month.

Looks like a more tactical version of world in conflict mixed with RUSE

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Never heard of it until today - maybe I'm missing something but this looks almost identical to World in Conflict?

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

from what ive read they are an indie developer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

pixelburp wrote: »
    Never heard of it until today - maybe I'm missing something but this looks almost identical to World in Conflict?

and thats a bad thing?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Skerries wrote: »
    and thats a bad thing?
    No, but they could at least pretend they've got an original bone in their body ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

The tanks and troops look like they are travelling about 200mph. It might turn out to be good but my first thought was that it all looks a little sterile.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whens it out?

Whens it out?

Supposedly the end of this month

Whens it out?

Steam says 23rd February, and selling for 39 quid. To be fair it looks half decent, although looking into their map-control methodology reminded me of Company of Heroes. Man I miss that game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Right so iv been keeping a semi close eye on this game and im very impressed by some of the beta footage coming out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Steam says 23rd February, and selling for 39 quid. To be fair it looks half decent, although looking into their map-control methodology reminded me of Company of Heroes. Man I miss that game :(

you don't play anymore?

I'm tempted to get it but I'm getting the vita next week :-/

• Advertisement

you don't play anymore?

I'm tempted to get it but I'm getting the vita next week :-/
    Naw, haven't played it in ages and ages. Downloaded the (very excellent) Eastern Front mod, but that's about it. Just got out of the habit really, miss the game; it really was/is quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Saw this the other day, quite looking forward to it. It seems to be World In Conflict just on a grander stage.

Haha definitely picking up this game!

Any reviews out yet?

Any reviews out yet?

Nope not out officially till Thursday and everything about it seems to be quite low key. Im hoping we can get a WTF on it soon enough.

Stev_o wrote: »
    Nope not out officially till Thursday and everything about it seems to be quite low key. Im hoping we can get a WTF on it soon enough.

Is it a steam only release?because I rang up game and gamestop,they said they weren't getting it in and none of the online retailers seem to have it up for pre order

Is it a steam only release?because I rang up game and gamestop,they said they weren't getting it in and none of the online retailers seem to have it up for pre order

I think it requires Steam, you can pick it up on other digital retailers. Don't know about any box copies being available.

just found this pseudo review of the beta and its not looking good
    http://thegameguru.me/2012/02/20/4-days-from-wargame-european-escalation-launch/

Haha definitely picking up this game!
    Uh, I know that's meant to be an arsing-about video, but from that it looks more like Clusterf*ck: The Game. It looks terrible.

Uh, I know that's meant to be an arsing-about video, but from that it looks more like Clusterf*ck: The Game. It looks terrible.

You have a 3v3 game where one both teams converge into one massive blob in the centre of the map what did you expect?

• Advertisement

You have a 3v3 game where one both teams converge into one massive blob in the centre of the map what did you expect?
    Like I said, it's meant to be an arsing about video, but looking around that, the game seems like a bit of a mixed bag & a bit of a mess. Will wait and see though

Like I said, it's meant to be an arsing about video, but looking around that, the game seems like a bit of a mixed bag & a bit of a mess. Will wait and see though

It's in the same vein as Total War and most comparisons of the game are being to TW which suffered from the same "mess". If your a finky micro player im sure it would annoy you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,128 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

flynnlives wrote: »
    just found this pseudo review of the beta and its not looking good
    http://thegameguru.me/2012/02/20/4-days-from-wargame-european-escalation-launch/

Cheers for that, was waiting for a few reviews to pop up before buying it but that has me seriously 2nd guessing it. The bugs i can live with but the unit number problems and unbalanced stuff sounds ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mavvvy

I'm quite enjoying this, unit placement matters, and recon is key. The choice of units is crazy, however as said before some of them need to be repriced in terms of points for balance reasons.

Supply is hugely important also, you have to be mindful where you deploy the bulk of your forces so you dont get cut-off from your supply trucks.

The only thing this game has in common with world in conflict is the 1980's era, its more of a x-breed of ruse and close combat in my opinion.

Mavvvy wrote: »
    I'm quite enjoying this, unit placement matters, and recon is key. The choice of units is crazy, however as said before some of them need to be repriced in terms of points for balance reasons.

Supply is hugely important also, you have to be mindful where you deploy the bulk of your forces so you dont get cut-off from your supply trucks.

The only thing this game has in common with world in conflict is the 1980's era, its more of a x-breed of ruse and close combat in my opinion.

I know it's only beta but how did you find the match making system?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mavvvy

I know it's only beta but how did you find the match making system?

No one seems to use the match-making system presently, i'm not sure if that's because it's poo or just people prefer hosting customs.

Picked this up today and im very impressed with it. The game runs extremely well when I honestly thought id be struggling but it seems this is a full optimised game for the PC. The single player campaign missions are fun so far. My only problem so far with it is that the deck management screen is quite awful to look at and understand going to have to read the manual to figure out what exactly is going on!

where did you get it and how much?

where did you get it and how much?

40 quid from Steam. Don't know where else you can get it.

• Advertisement

Ya i think you can only get it from online retailers

Advertisement