Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wargame: European Escalation

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

so Is it worth the 40 euro price tag?is the single player campaign anygood?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

so Is it worth the 40 euro price tag?is the single player campaign anygood?

http://www.ultimatumgamekeys.com/en/game/buy-cheap-wargame-european-escalation-game-steam-cd-key

Grab it there for 25 something if you don't want to spend 40 quid.

It's a great game with good depth to it and if your a military nut you ll love the amount of units in it.

SinglePlayer has 20 odd missions and **** me are they tough the AI in this game is ruthless.
    My post on the RPS forums.
    I was actually quite surprised by the AI. They do a bit of everything and actually feel quite competent using their troops. Iv had Russians zerg me with MI24s then fall back as they see my AA hammer at them only for them to then unleash some tanks and BRDS to test my defences. They also love to flank on a large scale! Personally I love using infantry which may seem odd to some players who feel that you need to be all armour to get anywhere but the flexibility you obtain with saying send two squads of SAS up onto a key strategic location (obviously a forest!) and being able to harass enemy movements is just great!

The game pretty much feels like an open book in it's way of approaching battles and I like that. Now need to build a NATO deck that suits me, fast movement with precise hitting.

On my first ranked game I scouted well with Gazelles (though I know they aren't great recon units it's just a bad habit of mine) and was able to locate my enemy's main force in a northern capture zone. With this information I moved my main force to his east through forests and managed to burst through destroying his force there and then. That's when I learned my first lesson, don't push too hard if you can't see what is ahead of you and when you have to resupply. Unwisely I pushed ahead hoping to get a quick victory getting into his FOB and destroying it, sadly I was met with a Hind spam (which I dealt with quite well) and finally some T-54s did the most damage to my force. I retreated to the area I had just captured and tried to regroup. Then I learned another hard lesson, infantry in forests vs armour = world of pain. Lost 4 Leopards due to my incompetence in unit placement. Eventually he won on points difference (1500 to my 1400 something). I dominated in control points taken but this seemed to account for nothing!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thanks for the website,do they email you the key straight away as soon as you pay or do you actually have to wait 48hrs?

Doesn't seem to any reviews about.

Thanks for the website,do they email you the key straight away as soon as you pay or do you actually have to wait 48hrs?

Email it within 30 mins I think.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2565433

might get it during the week so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Been waiting for a game exactly like this.

God damn single player, some of the missions infuriate me and Peace Treaty really takes the biscuit!!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197978179782/screenshot/506891565260176334

Fun though?

Sisko wrote: »
    Fun though?

Yeah it's fun being a challenge. Online with others either goes well or horribly bad depending on if your partner has a clue what is going on and can quickly react to things happening on the battlefield.

Whats it like compared to Ruse? (assuming you've played it)

• Advertisement

Sisko wrote: »
    Whats it like compared to Ruse? (assuming you've played it)

No I haven't played RUSE. It feels almost like a Total War game (ie the battles) mixed with Supreme Commander mixed with CoH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Tryed these guys just today as i couldn't find batman arkham city in town and i couldn't be arsed paying 50 for it on steam plus reviews seem positive was an easy experience took 40mins from payment to cd key which im now downloading from steam happy out assuming my photo id isn't used by some Israelite spy to kill Iranian nuclear scientists or my bank account goes missing

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Got this game yesterday after seeing the reviews out.

At first I found it to be a bit sterile, in presentation atleast i'd say it is definately.

Once ingame and hearing autocannons going off I got goosebumps :D Playing away online now but it's not easy against people who've been around in the beta. You definately have to read the forums to catch up a bit on unit info etc.

One thing I have noticed tho is there isn't (atleast at this point) issues with hosts kicking you for being a low level, as i've found in games in the past.

Ingame name is whitecross.ie , add me to friends

Advertisement