Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripplecom Broadband

• 12-02-2012 12:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

hi guys i was wondering if anyone has experience with them - ripplecom.

and whats the installation fee - as i cant find it on thems web site - even google aint helping me at this stage.

Thanks a lot

UPDATE: just found instalation fee is 149€ without router.

so now if anyone can tell me if they are good or not..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭mossie

Bikerguy wrote: »
    hi guys i was wondering if anyone has experience with them - ripplecom.

and whats the installation fee - as i cant find it on thems web site - even google aint helping me at this stage.

Thanks a lot

UPDATE: just found instalation fee is 149€ without router.

so now if anyone can tell me if they are good or not..

Very mixed views on here. I'm with them and have no real problems. I think it may depend on where you are as they took over a few other wireless internet companies and the quality of the infrastructure varies. I'm in Cork which was previously Amocom.

I have had no problem with their support which is pretty knowledgable and they seem willing to go out of the way to help but again other people here would disagree.

I'm supposed to be on 8 meg BB but because of my distance from the mast I rarely get over 5 meg and usually get around 4 fairly steady. Compared to eircom et al here that's rocket powered. I do have occasional problems with timeouts on connections but that's rare. When it does happen it's usually at night and lasts a couple of hours, and the mightn't happen again for a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

mossie wrote: »
    Very mixed views on here. I'm with them and have no real problems. I think it may depend on where you are as they took over a few other wireless internet companies and the quality of the infrastructure varies. I'm in Cork which was previously Amocom.

I have had no problem with their support which is pretty knowledgable and they seem willing to go out of the way to help but again other people here would disagree.

I'm supposed to be on 8 meg BB but because of my distance from the mast I rarely get over 5 meg and usually get around 4 fairly steady. Compared to eircom et al here that's rocket powered. I do have occasional problems with timeouts on connections but that's rare. When it does happen it's usually at night and lasts a couple of hours, and the mightn't happen again for a month.

thank you. 8mb and getting 4 isnt as bad as it looks.

anyone else wanna share the experience please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Same as mossie. Previous Amocom area, North Cork. Average d/l speed 4 - 5 MB, reasonably reliable. Customer service is a bit hit and miss, especially getting hold of them (long time in queue, if you actually get to speak to someone, they are fairly knowledgeable and courteous). Outages can be a problem, although, in fairness, it has very much improved in the last 8 months (hitting rock bottom last summer with frequent service loss for many hours and even days) and which are now fairly rare (last one was a few days ago around 23:00 and lasted for about 50 mins but that was the first one in bout 3 or 4 months).
    Pings are excellent (20 - 30 ms) and so far I have never experienced any throttling or similar (I might not be a heavy downloader, but long and constant med level use (online gaming)).
    HTH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

thanks you guys. i called them few min a go and they are not able to provide me service :( omg they may in next few weeks but no date confirmed. :( what a pity...

anyway thanks for info + effort guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Well at least they told you that!

It took them 6 weeks to come out to the house and see if the product was available... turns out, it wasn't... but c'mon... 6 weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nancyandfrank

:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If you have the eircom option, take it!
    They are busy trying to screw heavy use customers without the decency of buying us dinner first, charging my the Mb after you hit your usage ceiling!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You may exit the contract immediately, read this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77239471&postcount=8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

Sponge Bob wrote: »

they ARE NOT changing contract agreements, if you have a current contract i.e 1 or 2 years then these increases/limits do NOT apply, once you are out of contract these will come into effect, i don't see what the problem is, if you need more bandwidth then upgrade to a higher package, i've been with them for 2 years and never had a problem, they have been very helpful in support and accounts, i don't think people realize it costs the company money to buy bandwidth to supply the heavy users, i do agree however that a 20 or 30gb limit is a bit stingy but would you really need anymore than this considering you are only on 2mb or 3mb download? they told me on the phone also that customers will get a warning email when they reach 80% of the limit, so its not like your going to hit with an enormous bill without knowing

jc84 wrote: »
    they ARE NOT changing contract agreements, if you have a current contract i.e 1 or 2 years then these increases/limits do NOT apply

Really, and why did they send letters to people inside their contract periods????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

Really, and why did they send letters to people inside their contract periods????

ring them and find out if you are so interested

God No :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauldaly1888

jc84 wrote: »

they ARE NOT changing contract agreements, if you have a current contract i.e 1 or 2 years then these increases/limits do NOT apply, once you are out of contract these will come into effect, i don't see what the problem is, if you need more bandwidth then upgrade to a higher package, i've been with them for 2 years and never had a problem, they have been very helpful in support and accounts, i don't think people realize it costs the company money to buy bandwidth to supply the heavy users, i do agree however that a 20 or 30gb limit is a bit stingy but would you really need anymore than this considering you are only on 2mb or 3mb download? they told me on the phone also that customers will get a warning email when they reach 80% of the limit, so its not like your going to hit with an enormous bill without knowing
    Are you ripplecom in disguise!are you ripplecom are you ripplecom are you ripplecom in disguise!

Advertisement