Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Palace Nightclub Camden Street?

Options
  • 12-02-2012 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has any information on The Palace on Camdent Street. I wanted to know if it's open on Thursdays and what the story is with age restrictions?

I can't find any solid information on the internet, I have emailed them but got no reply and when asking around I'm told a million different things :confused:

If nobody knows anything then could anyone suggest anywhere else that would be good on a Thursday night?

Any information would be greatly appreciated thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

sugarman wrote: »
    Not a fan of the place at all, but to answer your question.. Thursday is prob their busiest night, student night w/drinks promos.

Its general 18+, & mostly full of them.

+1 to this, personally. I'm also not a fan.

Somewhere else good? Depends on what you're looking for, I guess. Two places I like around the same area are Whelan's and Anseo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

As far as I know Palace is over 19's on a Thursday and they're quite strict about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Palace is open Thursday and is strictly over 19's, remember being there one night and the bouncers calling out that anyone under 19 just get out of the queue as your wasting your time.

The Kitchen in Temple Bar has a student night on a Thursday and is meant to be decent.

The Village on Camden St also has a student night on a Thursday which is meant to be decent enough, only started up fairly recent and is done by the same promotions crowd as D2 and Diceys iirc, over 19's though.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭CallMeFlo

Palace is open Thursday and is strictly over 19's, remember being there one night and the bouncers calling out that anyone under 19 just get out of the queue as your wasting your time.

The Kitchen in Temple Bar has a student night on a Thursday and is meant to be decent.

The Village on Camden St also has a student night on a Thursday which is meant to be decent enough, only started up fairly recent and is done by the same promotions crowd as D2 and Diceys iirc, over 19's though.

Is D2 any good? My friend was saying about going there but I'm not sure, I've never heard of it until they said it to me. Is that over 19's too? It's my 19th birthday but most my friends are only 18 :confused:

CallMeFlo wrote: »
    Is D2 any good? My friend was saying about going there but I'm not sure, I've never heard of it until they said it to me. Is that over 19's too? It's my 19th birthday but most my friends are only 18 :confused:

Not a fan of D2 only ever been once (going tomorrow but that's my college results night social) and not a huge fan. Never heard of anything being promoted on in there on a Thursday tbh. Try the Kitchen so since you want just over 18's, you can get cheaplist and whatnot (just search on facebook or pm me).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Over. 19's on Thursday but they'll let you in with a Student card if your only 18. It's usually pretty busy so they don't ask for the student card all the time but it's best to have it on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

palace and the village are ****. palace was good for a while until the 6th years from last year start taking it over. the village is a hole.

EdenHazard wrote: »
    palace and the village are ****. palace was good for a while until the 6th years from last year start taking it over. the village is a hole.

Grand you knocked a couple of my suggestions on the head, suggest some yourself for a Thursday night for 18's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

You are just getting older, you will hate a different niteclub every year you get older

Plaza in tallaght is beast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

Plaza in tallaght is beast

Best or beast? I'd avoid that place like the plague. I always liked The Village.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Palace on thursdays is always good and they'll let your 18 year old mates in if they have student cards from their colleges.

Plaza is unreal, class girls as well, easy enough to pull. Palace is a nightmare to pull in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

From what I've heard the new night in the village on Thursday's is really good. I also haven't heard anything about it being over 19's loads of my course go and they're all only 18...

I haven't been to palace in ages, but it was good when I went.

Fibbers is great on Thursday, €5 in and all drinks €3. It's not everyone's cup of tea though.

I haven't been myself but I've also heard good things about NV.

Advertisement