Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone into post hardcore/screamo?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

That's a category I've never heard of before, but it and those tracks remind me of the almighty Mr. Bungle:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I like a few post-hardcore bands, like Alexisonfire and Atreyu (though I guess only the first album and the few EPs before that were really post-hardcore..), besides that there isn't much.

Screamo, not so much. It tends to be associated with emo more, an area of music I'm not overly fond of to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Denny M wrote: »
    I like a few post-hardcore bands, like Alexisonfire

I miss Alexisonfire :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I miss Alexisonfire :(

Me too :( They were my favourite band and I went to see them loads of times all across the world!

The Ghost of a Thousand were really good too but sadly have also broken up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Aye, I always enjoyed them, I was really disappointed when they split up. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

bnt wrote: »
    That's a category I've never heard of before, but it and those tracks remind me of the almighty Mr. Bungle:

ah Mr bungle, creepy as hell :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Circle Takes the Square, woooooo.
    :pac:

Circle Takes the Square, woooooo.
    :pac:

woo. :) Though I sometimes wish their female vocalist didn't exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

80's post-hardcore for the win.

Yes that's future Jesus Lizard frontman David Yow on vocals.

One of the first proper post-hardcore/emocore bands. Got to love Dischord records.

90's post-hardcore for the win

If you want some proper screamo listen to Saetia.

For some even spazzier stuff try Jeromes Dream

Zero1986 wrote: »
    x

Rites of spring never did anything for me, they're one of those bands that I feel like I should like but just...don't. :P
    Saetia I do listen to occasionally. Their lyrics are really great. Pg.99 are quite similar, also good. I haven't heard the others, but I will check them out, thanks :)

edit: this is awesome

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'v been listening to pianos become the teeth daily since you started this thread. Can't wait for hevy fest :o

I'v been listening to pianos become the teeth daily since you started this thread. Can't wait for hevy fest :o

They're just so good, I'm determined to see them live some day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

'Post-hardcore' conjures images of a desolate boring wastland after the hardcore apocalypse of the 1980s In particular

LH Pathe wrote: »
    'Post-hardcore' conjures images of a desolate boring wastland after the hardcore apocalypse of the 1980s In particular
    Lol

Actually what you refer to as a boring wasteland just happened to be filled by bands breaking the mould of 80's hardcore punk and taking in many other influences. You have bands like Husker Du thinking completely outside the box with Zen Arcade, Fugazi and The Nation Of Ulysses combining the passion of hardcore punk with heart-on-sleeve lyrics and more melody, and also Big Black and Scratch Acid creating a noiser and unhinged racket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

ok well fugazi as an 80s outfit certainly featured a desolate, after the fall type of sound and approach like on the track Promises. Post punk they weren't; I see your point now post hardcore is what they were but I have seen too many posers in Husker Dü shirts - I have not delved into 80s post hardcore and I doubt I'll be disappointed, just have to dig deep.. Big black, scratch acid sounds good I will investigate

Advertisement