Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Viking Larp Groups?

• 12-02-2012 1:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Howdy There,
    I've always had a love for vikings,the way they lived,their weapony and their clothing.
    Id love to start reenacting I'd like know if there are any groups for Vikings around the Galway Region?

I Am Under The Age Of 18 By The Way

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

I would suggest checking with the college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

You might have more luck with reenactment with these guys:
    http://livinghistory.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you want to beat people up and rape women?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Who Doesn't? haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Less of the Vikingphobic remarks please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SuperTony

My friends and I have often joked about getting beered-up and "gatecrashing" a LARP session. Pulling up in a red Hi-ace, staggering out and getting stuck-in to a LARP group as "wandering monsters" would be a hoot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

That would be very unwise. Not to mention ignorant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭grosser

How old are u?are u more interested in the weapons or character style larp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 knight07

I am also looking for LARPS in Galway, Found anything please?.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭da_shivsta

I have been trying to set up SOME sort of LARP in Galway, but nobody seems to be bothered even though they seem to have them in the other cities. Itzacon is coming up this month in NUIG - dunno if they have any Viking stuff but worth a look. The University society, Fansci, has nothing like that AFAIK.

We tried over the years in FanSci, but there was never much interest in LARP in general. UCC has much more success with it. There'll be a busload of UCC folks at Itzacon who are also involved in the re-enactment stuff, and would be delighted to talk about it, but it's not something Itzacon really does. There could be a group out there by now, I suppose, I've not lived in Galway since late 2009, but I suspect I'd have heard about it by now if there was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

If you're interested in the political/parlour style of game rather than the rubber sword option, I know people around Dublin involved who could give you some tips etc.

Turns out I was wrong, and there are groups of re-enactment/LARP folks in Galway. If you drop a chap by the name of Seraphicblue a PM, he should be able to put you in touch with some of them. He's Cork based himself but knows people across the country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 knight07

Sarky wrote: »
    Turns out I was wrong, and there are groups of re-enactment/LARP folks in Galway. If you drop a chap by the name of Seraphicblue a PM, he should be able to put you in touch with some of them. He's Cork based himself but knows people across the country.

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Finvarra

This is an old thread but I was just wondering if anything ever came out of this? Is there now a reenactment group in Galway?

Advertisement