Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whitney Houston DEAD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

She's 100% soul now!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

inagoodway wrote: »
    i was shocked cos i never heard anything about her for years, except that she was allegedly stopped at an arport with grass , but thats 10 years ago,

you can imagine the burden on her mind though, she was a sensitive person, by all accounts

To be fair its well documented that she has struggled with stronger drugs than grass in the last 10 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

DEAD. Brown bread.

Granary. Oatmeal... Stone/ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I would have danced with Whitney.

Sad beyond I should be.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Aaron Ramsey scores:
    vs Man Utd - Bin Laden dies.
    vs Tottenham - Steve Jobs dies.
    vs Marseille - Gaddafi dies.
    vs Sunderland - Whitney Houston dies.
    So the curse lives on..wonder who's next?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Butterface wrote: »
    Lapin wrote: »
    What a pointless comment.

And yet you thought it was worth sharing your absolute void of feelings with everyone else.

Why do you think anyone else gives a fúck about the fact that you don't give a fúck?
    You're right.. I shouldn't have said anything. Perhaps I'm just feeling so empty reading statistics of drug related deaths of homeless people in Dublin. Perhaps I should devote more time to caring about famous people who had a better chance than most to prevent or recover from a drug habit. I need to fill this void somehow. Maybe even get 50 posts in to reach "the soccer forum".
    I don't think Lapin was saying you should care - I have no doubt some of those "saddened" here would have considered her a junkie waste of space mere hours ago before the news broke - but why post to say you have no feelings on this? Not posting anything would surely be the way to go then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Probably shouldnt taken all those drugs:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I hold the government in no small way responsible for all of this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Whitney Houston:

R. Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭inagoodway

ASOT wrote: »
    Aaron Ramsey scores:

who does he play for?

• Advertisement

who does he play for?
    arsenal.

Dudess wrote: »
    Was she one of your relatives?

I think the "She brought it on herself" comments are more ****ed up than a few cheesy puns. It hasn't even been confirmed her death was drug-related. Even Amy Winehouse didn't have drugs in her system when she died.

Alcohol isn't a drug?
    Well it was assumed Amy Winehouse died a narcotics related death and it's being assumed here the same was the case for Whitney.

ASOT wrote: »
    Aaron Ramsey scores:

So when this sporting mercenary dies, does the world end?

I don't think Lapin was saying you should care - I have no doubt some of those "saddened" here would have considered her a junkie waste of space mere hours ago before the news broke - but why post to say you have no feelings on this? Not posting anything would surely be the way to go then?

is that from experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

RIP

Houston, we have a problem

arsenal.

no comment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

She had the best voice I ever heard, some of her songs were pure class, sad to hear she's dead. Saw her in concert in 2010, she didn't seem the full shilling.

mikom wrote: »
    two can play that game

What?
    Is Bobby Brown is claiming to be dead as well?
    If they want to post a Bobby Brown song title it's their prerogative!

is that from experience?
    Well I've never been a junkie.

Guys shut up, you're mocking a true heroin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Well I've never been a junkie.

obv

i was just wondering wherefore you formed your no doubt, but its irrelevant, rip britney

Well it was assumed Amy Winehouse died a narcotics related death and it's being assumed here the same was the case for Whitney.

Well amy had old school chicuita sailor-bait style. and a quirkiness to boot and she wore that drug n wore it .. well?! and I can relate to the place she died as camden Irish hostel was a few doors down. but whitney was just boring so RIP, you big bore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

If they want to post a Bobby Brown song title it's their prerogative!

Thanks Dudess! Take it away Bobby:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

What a pointless comment.

And yet you thought it was worth sharing your absolute void of feelings with everyone else.

Why do you think anyone else gives a fúck about the fact that you don't give a fúck?
    I think it's quite important to point out the not-giving-a-fuck attitude is probably not unique to that poster, but to the ones practically posting mass cards.

Perhaps the world would be a better place if we all paid attention to drug related deaths in our own respective communities, rather than waxing lyrical about "Whitney" for a few days on the internet and then going back to ignoring substance abuse until the next celebrity kicks the bucket in a way that is adequately exciting and scandalous.

I'm not really concerned about Whitney Heuston failing to fulfill her potential any more than I am concerned about men and women with a life expectancy not much older than my own age, who may be homeless, and cannot access treatment or are having their funding cut. If anything, I'd be even more concerned about them.

You don't have to share this opinion, but it certainly is valid, I would suggest, to point out that perhaps many of the people who really don't give a fuck are the ones expressing their condolences.

Britney's cover was really sh1t...

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

i blame bertie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Jesus . whitneys dead, just this mornin she was walking out a nightclub with blood running down her legs and with cuts on her wrist in the sun newspaper.. This truely is shocking .
    You just never know how people are behind closed doors

• Advertisement

Britney's cover was really sh1t...

be that as it may, there were some micro-samples that could be taken from it, as appears to be the trend nowadays#roll eyes#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

too early for puns?

It's not right, but it's OK

we better crack away so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Jesus she was only 48?

RIP

Honestly, only middle age housewives will truly register this. Whitney was so boring she even appeared dead Live! Whitney didn't have a band, she had a bland.

pithater1 wrote: »
    Jesus she was only 48?

RIP
    Yeah it seemed like she was around forever. Bizarre. She seemed so wholesome - and apparently disapproved of Madonna's carry-on, resulting in a bit of a public spat. And she was in goody-two-shoes films like The Preacher's Wife and Waiting To Exhale. She married Brown (seems a right low-life) several years before she developed a drug habit and metamorphosised into a crack momma. He assaulted her and did jail time. There was that time one of her close relatives took pictures of her house to create awareness of the state it was in when she was in full-blown crack-head mode!

Pretty ****ing tragic in fairness.

I wasn't a fan, but she had a really spectacular voice, and I think How Will I Know is a class toon.

Her poor kids - what a turbulent, ****ed up life they've had...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Butterface wrote: »
    You're right.. I shouldn't have said anything. Perhaps I'm just feeling so empty reading statistics of drug related deaths of homeless people in Dublin. Perhaps I should devote more time to caring about famous people who had a better chance than most to prevent or recover from a drug habit. I need to fill this void somehow. Maybe even get 50 posts in to reach "the soccer forum".

I was never a huge fan of Whitney Houston but I did like some of the stuff she sang. She had a great voice and was a fabulous looking woman back in the day.

She was a world famous entertainer who appealed to millions, and comparing her death to those of homeless unknown drug addicts on the streets of Dublin (or anywhere else) in an exercise in crass stupidity.

Good luck on gaining entry to The Soccer Forum.
    However, you won't last 5 minutes in that place with smartárse comments. Take it from me - I know from experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Was lucky enough to catch her last show in Dublin and what with hearing that her first two nights at the O2 were poor (to say the least) I was dreading seeing and almost regretted buying tickets to see her a shadow of her former self - but, I thought she was amazing, genuinely and throughly enjoyed the night. She clearly was not well (for whatever reasons) but felt she put as much into the show that night as she was capable of.

Little Irish girl gets up on stage and sings a song in aid of Crumlin's Hospital at one point ..

She even liked the usual Irish crowd's cringe inducing ole oles' ..

But, for me, the best song from the night though had to be All At Once:

RIP Whitney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Terribly sad. RIP. Couldn't say I was a huge fan, but I can't deny it was an iconic voice she had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I was never a huge fan of Whitney Houston but I did like some of the stuff she sang. She had a great voice and was a fabulous looking woman back in the day.

She was a world famous entertainer who appealed to millions, and comparing her death to those of homeless unknown drug addicts on the streets of Dublin (or anywhere else) in an exercise in crass stupidity.

Good luck on gaining entry to The Soccer Forum.
    However, you won't last 5 minutes in that place with smartárse comments. Take it from me - I know from experience.

So because she got a shot at being famous, and therefor probably had the money to pay for proper treatment for her issues, her death is somehow more significant than any other addict's?

It isn't. It's sad, but so is any other person dying.

So because she got a shot at being famous, and therefor probably had the money to pay for proper treatment for her issues, her death is somehow more significant than any other addict's?

It isn't. It's sad, but so is any other person dying.

Is that supposed to be a reason for people not being sad about her dying? Obviously people know that it's sad when anyone dies, that's not what people are discussing. I feel sorry for people who are only capable of being sad about one death at a time....:rolleyes:

Music means a lot to people, and obviously people are going to feel somewhat sad when a prominent voice in music dies. I can't say that I loved Whitney Houston, but I do feel that it's a terrible tragedy and it is sad when one so talented dies so soon. It's a shame, is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Is that supposed to be a reason for people not being sad about her dying? Obviously people know that it's sad when anyone dies, that's not what people are discussing. I feel sorry for people who are only capable of being sad about one death at a time....:rolleyes:

Music means a lot to people, and obviously people are going to feel somewhat sad when a prominent voice in music dies. I can't say that I loved Whitney Houston, but I do feel that it's a terrible tragedy and it is sad when one so talented dies so soon. It's a shame, is all.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be sad about her dying. I just had an issue with the poster bringing up the 'unknown drug addicts' as if their deaths don't matter at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

I'm not saying people shouldn't be sad about her dying. I just had an issue with the poster bringing up the 'unknown drug addicts' as if their deaths don't matter at all.

Ah, I see. Her death is not more important than the death of a normal person, but I can understand why people are paying it so much attention. She is famous, and she had a legendary voice. She will be remembered. That said, her life is not of more value than the normal person's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I'm not being smart here but the only song I knew she sang was from the film the bodyguard. What other big hits did she have that was not craick related. Sorry I had to get that cheap pun in there. What songs does she sing ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

I think it's time to take Whitney off the 'maybe have sex with' list, and move her onto the 'definitely have sex with' list.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

A woman that had millions and of which had a good life and a good life ahead of her for her whole life knew what she was doing the first time she got into drugs. even with all that cash to live in paradise with they still fcuk it all up by getting greedy and thinking they are invincible. like they say, no matter how wealthy you are you can still be braindead to the riches you already have and overgreed yourself to death.

If this was an average joe-soap you wouldn't even know of his/her passing so what's the big deal ? she was a woman of sound mind one time in her career so why have so much grief over a person you don't even know personally ? some people learn the hard way and some people learn the on planet pluto way.

ricero wrote: »
    I'm not being smart here but the only song I knew she sang was from the film the bodyguard. What other big hits did she have that was not craick related. Sorry I had to get that cheap pun in there. What songs does she sing ?

Im almost certain she wrote beethovens 9th symphony

zenno wrote: »
    A woman that had millions and of which had a good life and a good life ahead of her for her whole life knew what she was doing the first time she got into drugs. even with all that cash to live in paradise with they still fcuk it all up by getting greedy and thinking they are invincible. like they say, no matter how wealthy you are you can still be braindead to the riches you already have and overgreed yourself to death.

I really don't think it has anything to do with being "greedy" or thinking you're "invincible". Being rich and famous doesn't solve people's problems. If anything, it might complicate them further. Nobody wants to be a drug addict, and it's this bad attitude towards people with serious problems that discourage people from seeking help. It doesn't matter how rich or talented someone is, they're not immune to problems. It was a well-known fact that the woman had issues. It's the same reaction that Amy Winehouse got, and she was quite clearly severely depressed, and still people feel the need to be completely f*cking ignorant. I'm not a fan of the woman's music, but she had issues, that was obvious to anyone who saw what she was like since she met Bobby Brown.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I didn't bring it up Doc.

I was responding to an earlier post.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement