Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whitney Houston DEAD.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

RachaelVO wrote: »
    My Love is your Love is one of those songs that is very much stand alone from all her music!

Anyone who has been on hold with Eircom may think otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭epiphone

Whitney Houston's 18-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, was just rushed to Cedears-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles ... TMZ has learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

mikom wrote: »
    Anyone who has been on hold with Eircom may think otherwise.

Really? I'll have to take your word for that one;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

msthe80s wrote: »
    Dudess wrote: »
    Well it's far from old, it's only early-stage middle age - but it's not young IMO. I'm nearly 34 and don't think I'm young. I'm youngish but not young.
    I wouldn't consider "not young" to be such a negative thing.

No- you are not youngish- you are young*.
    Really.I'm being nice ,not trying to pick a fight.

Seriously- I am 43 according to my birth cert- I feel so much younger, and look younger- and have more energy than a lot of people in their 20s and 30s.
    Well then you're a young 43!

I agree young is subjective though - to a 60-year-old you are a young 'un. And when people in their 20s say "I'm getting old" it looks gimpy.

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Was she one of your relatives?

Would not have expected this comment from yourself Dudess, usually you're so nice :confused:
    Thanks! Some here would disagree though! :pac:
    I said it because the person was telling people to show respect and that they wouldn't like it if one of their relatives had died. But it's not like Whitney was one of that person's relatives...
    I personally think you can make cheesy wordplay jokes and still acknowledge it's a tragedy. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Re Bobby Brown: I know Whitney ultimately made the choice to take crack, but I don't think he's completely innocent - he shouldn't have been doing that sh1t with a kid around either, and he was surely an influence on his wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I get the sense that you take pleasure in her death. If you had to suffer like her you may have took to drugs as well to relieve the pain.

no I do not take pleasure in anyones death but I really do not have time for stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lifesabitch

zenno wrote: »
    no I do not take pleasure in anyones death but I really do not have time for stupidity.

Then save your time and go away.

if it hadn't been for Whitney Houston there more than likely wouldn't be any Christina Aguilera, Beyonce, Rihanna, even earlier singers like Mariah Carey and Celine Dion.
    Definitely Mariah and Celine and Christina. Don't know about the other two - although she clearly influenced Beyonce's sugary ballads output, but I think there are numerous other influences apparent in Beyonce's music also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Then save your time and go away.

are you a moderator ? if not stop trying to be one. i have as much right to be here the same as everyone else. :rolleyes:

epiphone wrote: »
    Whitney Houston's 18-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, was just rushed to Cedears-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles ... TMZ has learned.
    Think that's because of the state she was in - she needed sedation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 lifesabitch

zenno wrote: »
    are you a moderator ? if not stop trying to be one. i have as much right to be here the same as everyone else. :rolleyes:

Oh, looks like you do have time for stupidity after all. In that case carry on with it.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

My love is your love reminds me of that Eircom AGM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Whitney britney shîtney.

Gene Pitney. Why didn't her bobbyguard protect her from da drugs
    Sympathy's not your strong point is it?
    What is it with talented women and shit boyfriends?
    I wasn't a fan or anything but she sang some decent tunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I know its sad that whitney houston has died but does it really merit that the rte/bbc/sky news headlines start with this, Is there not more Important news to be talking about ?

RIP Whitney. I knew of her past drug problems but really wasn't expecting this.
    RachaelVO wrote: »
    Really? I'll have to take your word for that one;)

They started using it on advertising in 1998/99 and were still using it as their hold music on business broadband support in the summer of last year so it could still be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Lapin wrote: »
    mackeire wrote: »
    bit late for that... he died over 2000 years ago!!
    mackeire wrote: »
    doesn't matter what age he was when they crucified him, its now 2012 ad. meaning its 2012 years since he was crucified, making the original statement correct.

Think again.

AD began in the year 1.

(There was no year 0, which dictates that Christ was one year old on the day he was born.)

And as Christ was crucified at the age of 33 it naturally follows that He died less than 2000 years ago.

Circa 1980 years ago would be more likely estimate.

Even allowing for a decade each side of His supposed birth year to accommodate those who disagree with its timing, the result is still less than 2000 years.
    how dare you prove me wrong!! dont quote my posts again please!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Very sad about Whitney, was a fan myself and used to dance around my room singing her songs into a hairbrush (still do sometimes...) :-P nobody knew that - they do now!!

She was a tragic case as well though and unfortunately the drugs or the longterm effects of them caught up with her in the end I would say.

Just v v sad.

If you haven't seen it look up her performance of the American national anthem at the Superbowl in 1991 - incredible.

RIP Whitney - you were a legend of the music industry and will be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The Bodyguard ITV2- now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,625 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP incredible voice when she wasnt on crack

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Her daughter got rushed to hospital today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

later10 wrote: »
    Possibly.
    In that case, the woman should have been tried for crimes against music when she was alive:pac:

It's not everyone's cup of tea (certainly not mine), but she's definitely had an influence on popular music by bringing about the dawn of that kind of melodramatic, ballady pop music. It doesn't have to be a particularly positive influence to be an influence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Definitely Mariah and Celine and Christina. Don't know about the other two - although she clearly influenced Beyonce's sugary ballads output, but I think there are numerous other influences apparent in Beyonce's music also.

There definitely are other influences in Beyonce's music, and I actually think Beyonce's output has thus far been far superior to anything Whitney Houston ever released, but Houston has definitely influenced her. Rihanna's music seems to be becoming more Caribbean, and is sounding more and more like MIA with every record, but when it comes to mushy ballads, they're all guilty of trying to emulate the over-dramatic style that Houston had, although none of them seem to do it as effortlessly. Like I say, for better or for worse, she's definitely had an influence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

sorry drinkin all day how'd she die ? why do the most talented croak it early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

It's not everyone's cup of tea (certainly not mine), but she's definitely had an influence on popular music by bringing about the dawn of that kind of melodramatic, ballady pop music. It doesn't have to be a particularly positive influence to be an influence.

I know. I was only joking really. Don't think I haven't sang rihanna's "Rude Boy" in the shower on more than one occasion:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

iregk wrote: »

And why didn't she think of said parents and daughter before being completely selfish and destroying all those lives? Like I said nothing but a selfish junkie but hey she was famous so it's devastating!

Why don't suicide victims think of the lives they are destroying? Do they deserve to be treated with hostility and a lack of compassion too?

Unfortunately, people aren't always perfect. Some people get depression and can't see any other way out. Some people are weak, lonely, in pain or full of self doubt, so take drugs to fill a void. Some people drink themselves into oblivion to avoid facing success or failure. Some people drive too fast.

Everyone has vices or demons, some worse than others. Doesn't mean they don't deserve any sympathy when they die. Besides which, there is no evidence whatsoever that she died because she took illegal drugs or was a 'junkie'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

From what I remember of Whitney's hits she'd always start the song off by singing slow and breathy gradually building to a climax where she is literally shouting her head off. Example: One Moment In Time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

The bodyguard is on ITV2 now I pray for Bobbi her Mothers gone and her
    Father Bobby Brown is a waster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

F*%K the junkie singer!!! There's plenty of people on this planet who can hold a note.

This is where my condolences are going

RIP David Kelly

davidkelly.jpg

kkelly77 wrote: »
    F*%K the junkie singer!!! There's plenty of people on this planet who can hold a note.

This is where my condolences are going

RIP David Kelly

davidkelly.jpg

**** the old actor guy!! There's plenty of people on this planet who can act.

What a retarded post, seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Why'd she stick with that bobby brown guy, I heard he got her into drugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Greatest love of all is my fave prehumous whitney song.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

**** the old actor guy!! There's plenty of people on this planet who can act.

What a retarded post, seriously.

Fuck neither of them.

Fuck neither of them.

Indeed - that is the point I was making!

For all those callin her a junkie and glad she is dead from it lets hope none of u purer than pure ever have to deal with any kind of addiction .

Judgemental much !!

Poor soul hope she is a peace now seems she took an overdose suppose that makes her a junkie ?? Ugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

For all those callin her a junkie and glad she is dead from it lets hope none of u purer than pure ever have to deal with any kind of addiction .

Judgemental much !!

Poor soul hope she is a peace now seems she took an overdose suppose that makes her a junkie ?? Ugh

No. The crack did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Had this conversation with the boyf last night after seeing Dionne Warwick on the Jonathan Woss show:

Me: That's Whitney Houston's aunt.
    Him: Really? Does she smoke the crack too?
    Me: Dunno.

Weeeird. Hadn't thought or talked about Whitney in years, and all the while Whitney was dead or about to die.

Anyway, tis a shame. What a voice she had, no denying it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Jaxxy wrote: »
    Anyway, tis a shame. What a voice she had, no denying it!

Very true. Liked or not no-one could deny she had a great voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

A modern day Jean Paul Sartre & Simone de Baeauvoir, by all accounts:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

RIP Mariah. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

RichieC wrote: »
    Just saw something about that there.
    RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

all the jokes here about a womans death here makes me sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

lets face it nobody here has half the talent she had. you people should start gettin off boards and havin a life at least then you will realise people who arent glued to a computer and take drugs or have an addiction have a problem LIKE THOSE WITH INTERNET ADDICTION

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

all the jokes here about a womans death here makes me sick!
    I bet you smiled at "Im invisible"s pun though.
    Dont take it too seriously. They're just jokes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

At least she has a main line railway station in Dublin named in her honour.

At least she has a main line railway station in Dublin named in her honour.

:) Coincedence :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

I think people get upset at deaths like this because it reminds them of a time of their own lives that is dead and never coming back.

I think people get upset at deaths like this because it reminds them of a time of their own lives that is dead and never coming back.

:) Yes never knew anyone else who has died :rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

later10 wrote: »
    A modern day Jean Paul Sartre & Simone de Baeauvoir, by all accounts:pac:

The witty repartee is non-stop I tell ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

RichieC wrote: »

?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Whitney Houston: Born 1963 - Dead
    Amy Winehouse: Born 1983 - Dead
    Keith Richards: Born 1943 - Alive
    Ozzy Osbourne: Born 1948 - Alive

Moral of the story: Women can't handle their drugs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement