Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless printer?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

buttons 09 wrote: »
    Thinking of buying an Epson SX235W, as it seems like a good printer and argos are doing a half price deal on it!

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9040425/Trail/searchtext%3EWIRELESS+PRINTER.htm

Just wondering though, Do I need a Wifi connection or can I use it wirelessly without one? I live in rented student accommodation and I'm only allowed two Wifi devices on the system (which I have already)

It may seem like a stupid question but maybe I'm just stupid!!

if it's a wireless printer it will have an inbuilt wifi card in it but it will also have a usb connector too

tbh i cannot see why they wouldn't mind it being on the wifi cos then everyone in your house could use it. Unlike pc's that are downloading all the time Wifi printers use very little bandwidth.
    alternatively you could share it via one of your pc's but that requires your pc to be left on all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 adam500

Nice printer, but just to point out, it requires 4 ink cartiges once the original ones have been used up. My own experience with printers is, just having two of them can be pricey in refilling or getting new ones, never mind four lol.

But, your situation may be different to mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

adam500 wrote: »
    Nice printer, but just to point out, it requires 4 ink cartiges once the original ones have been used up. My own experience with printers is, just having two of them can be pricey in refilling or getting new ones, never mind four lol.

But, your situation may be different to mine.

yeah but 4 inks is always the better option so if one colour runs out you just replace it rather than the whole colour cartridge on a 2 cartridge setup.

Advertisement