Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clothing for big piece

Options
  • 12-02-2012 2:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

This is a kinda silly question, I forgot to ask the artist this while we talked about the tattoo.

I'm in to get a new piece during the week, it's going to be fairly big, 5HR sitting, on my back from approx hips to shoulder/neck and possibly around to the front in some areas, like maybe on my ribs.

Its not 100% set position as it's going to be drawn free hand on the day, but it's not going to be small.

What I'm getting at is, can anyone recommend cloths to wear, I'm female, so I'm thinking maybe a kinda cotton cardigan that I can put on backwards? The shop is usually busy and I'd rather not be completely naked.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Any kind of jacket that be worn backwards and be left open should do the trick!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Yeah just pop on a cardi back to front and you'll be grand.

As for aftercare, I recommend for the first few nights after you get it done to sellotape clingfilm to the inside of your pajama top.

The first night after I had my back done, I didn't use anything and when I woke up the next morning I was stuck to my pj top, it was agony peeling it off >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

I recommend for the first few nights after you get it done to sellotape clingfilm to the inside of your pajama top.

The first night after I had my back done, I didn't use anything and when I woke up the next morning I was stuck to my pj top, it was agony peeling it off >.<

I cut a big section out of the back of an old t-shirt. Worked a treat & allowed the wound to breath!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

I've never had any problems with sticking or scabbing, mine never scab.

I go with the cling film and bepanthen cream for 3 days, changed 3/4 times a day, washed with sanex every time before fresh stuff is put on.
    then onto no cling film, and e45 several times a day, to make sure it stays moist.

Reverse cardigan is the best option I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

, I didn't use anything and when I woke up the next morning I was stuck to my pj top, it was agony peeling it off >.<

/shudders

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ZombieMamma

I just wore a slouchy tshirt top and jeans and they were pulled up or down where necessary..

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

, I didn't use anything and when I woke up the next morning I was stuck to my pj top, it was agony peeling it off >.<

/shudders

Yep, horrible experience :(

Advertisement