Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Closing hours.

• 12-02-2012 3:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭

The current law on closing hours in pubs is a joke. Around here they seem to be what ever the pub decides e.g. 2am to 4am.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Pubs will stay open longer if there's more people in there, more money for them after all!
    Why pubs close earlier during the week than weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

I thought this was a knock knock joke

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I thought this was a knock knock joke

I looked at the avatar on the first 2 posts and thought it was the same person.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Pubs will stay open longer if there's more people in there, more money for them after all!
    Why pubs close earlier during the week than weekends.
    They don't close earlier during the week. I am just so angry at the moment, I/We have 2 children who don't need this s**t. I have often been tempted to go to the pubs where my husband has been served (stupid amounts of drink) and getting them to tidy up the mess they created after the money grabbing bast*rd has filled his till. Aside from trying to explain to the children whats wrong with "Daddy" he would need a mop, bucket and bleach.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

cofy wrote: »
    They don't close earlier during the week. I am just so angry at the moment, I/We have 2 children who don't need this s**t. I have often been tempted to go to the pubs where my husband has been served (stupid amounts of drink) and getting them to tidy up the mess they created after the money grabbing bast*rd has filled his till. Aside from trying to explain to the children whats wrong with "Daddy" he would need a mop, bucket and bleach.
    Sounds like Daddy needs to go to AA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Are you blaming the publican for your husband not going home ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Oh right maybe it's the more 'country' pubs that I've noticing closing at around 11/12.
    I understand the feeling though, luckilly wasn't in it as deep as you are re. Husband/kids, but had an ex who literally lived in the pub, every last cent was spent on drink/bookies, What a loser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

You're complaining that pubs are open for too long? That's a first, I must say.

hondasam wrote: »
    Are you blaming the publican for your husband not going home ?

I have worked in the pub trade. Generally, when some one falls off a chair or falls asleep the publican does not serve any more drink. This is not the case here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

yes OP I agree, it the pubs fault your husband is out all hours

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Living in the UK I love the staggered opening hours. Pubs 11am or 12. Clubs 2, 4 or 6...........................................................ooops sorry OP I mean bloody pubs disgraceful not making people have self control!

IM0 wrote: »
    yes OP I agree, it the pubs fault your husband is out all hours

:confused:

Yes closing hours are supposed to be adhered to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Around here they seem to be what ever the pub decides e.g. 2am to 4am.
    They don't close earlier during the week. I am just so angry at the moment, I/We have 2 children who don't need this s**t. Aside from trying to explain to the children whats wrong with "Daddy" he would need a mop, bucket and bleach.

What are your kids doing up at 2-4am? They should be in bed. And your husband should be in AA. And you should be in the kitchen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Hang on! Wait a sec......

.... okay carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

I have worked in the pub trade. Generally, when some one falls off a chair or falls asleep the publican does not serve any more drink. This is not the case here.

coonsidering your signature quote, and the behaviour of your husband, i'd suggest you replace his high stool with a high chair! :o
    Many a child has been spoilt because you can't smack the grandparents! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

like some kind of after hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Your husband is an adult, he should know when he has had enough to drink.
    I agree they should not keep serving him but it's his problem.
    He sounds like he needs help with his drink problem, you look after yourself and your kids and let him sort himself out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

The pub man knows what side of the bread is buttered so the shoe will be on the other slice when he's laughing on the other half of his foot.

Advertisement