Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need Cash Loan of €2,000 urgently

• 12-02-2012 9:33am
    Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Going the bank or credit union route isn't an option here.

I know the unregistered lenders have pitfalls but I'm going into this with my eyes wide open. Fact is I have no other options and can make the repayments as I am in regular employment that can be verified with payslips and bank details.

Can someone please put me in contact with one of these lenders via pm or if you're a lender yourself please get in touch.

I'm desperate here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭idunnoshur

I'm desperate here.

You must he to post this in AH :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Send me your bank details and I'll get you an appointment with a Nubian prince I went to primary school with. He's loaded!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Look guys I've been a member here for some time now. I'm not a scam artist. the tears are welling up in my eyes typing this. Please leave out the smart comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Look guys I've been a member here for some time now. I'm not a scam artist. the tears are welling up in my eyes typing this. Please leave out the smart comments.

What you want the money for ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

F**K off

• Advertisement

realies wrote: »
    Its a family member's accrued debt that requires settling 'yesterday'. I'm the only one with steady income to make repayments but going to a bank about this won't work and I'm not in a CU.

the cash is needed asap...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

realies wrote: »
    Its a family member's accrued debt that requires settling 'yesterday'. I'm the only one with steady income to make repayments but going to a bank about this won't work and I'm not in a CU.

the cash is needed asap...:(

Seems like some underworld debts?

.....:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Sindri wrote: »
    Send me your bank details and I'll get you an appointment with a Nubian prince I went to primary school with. He's loaded!

No way, I think I went to that school too..... send me your bank details so I can confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jack Daniels I

and for that reason

im out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Simply call this number, 999, they will give you my bank details and any other relevant information you may need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

.....:(
    Nice trolling, my friend. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭yobr

Why not just google quick, cash loans Ireland? I did and came up with a number of options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Do you have any security? Car/Van? Gold,etc?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Start selling stuff. Cash converter type thing. I went in to one to see what was on sale yesterday. They had tv's, stereo stuff, game consoles etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

What are you offering me in return for the money?

I would require significant collateral from you and would be looking at something in the region of 40% interest on the loan due to the desperate nature of your situation.

If you dont like my proposal, try the government, they are bailing out plenty of private investors at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

kryogen wrote: »
    What are you offering me in return for the money?

I would require significant collateral from you and would be looking at something in the region of 40% interest on the loan due to the desperate nature of your situation.

If you dont like my proposal, try the government, they are bailing out plenty of private investors at the moment

40%, they'll be flocking to you at that rate.

The range is 35% to 188.5%, make it 140% so and you can call yourself a real moneylender.

wyndham wrote: »
    Do you have any security? Car/Van? Gold,etc?

No vehicle or jewellery of value to be honest. just my ability to pay back through my employment status. But thank you for the suggestion :)

The high interest rates don't bother me. I don't mean that in an arrogant way. Its just this is such a desperate situation :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

No vehicle or jewellery of value to be honest. just my ability to pay back through my employment status. But thank you for the suggestion :)

Go to the bank and lie for why you need the money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Ask Tony or sell the Bing.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭cosanostra

You say your going onto this with your eyes wide open, I'm sure your relative went into it with their eyes wide open too! Let them take their punishment or next week they'll be looking for another 2k off you.

What about Provident? They even collect from your door (they're sound like that).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

Talk to your employer. Explain situation. Ask for advance to be repaid over x months from wages. If you are a respected valued employee in the circumstances they should hopefully facilitate.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Just out of curiosity is 2000 the total debt or is it what you have left to gather up Eg have you already put yourself in massive debt and have now ran out of options and need another 2000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Jesus, don't go to one of those Payday Lenders, their typical APR is about 1000%. I hate to say it but if someone has gotten themselves into debt then it's their own look out, and they'll have to take their licks. You'll wind up thousands in debt yourself trying to help them, and you'll never see a penny back from them.

Tell your relative to liquidate some assets, pronto.

cosanostra wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity is 2000 the total debt or is it what you have left to gather up Eg have you already put yourself in massive debt and have now ran out of options and need another 2000

Well he reckons the Credit Union isn't an option so that's strange. Usually happy to help out (even non-members in certain circumstances).

I reckon a good idea would be to put toghether a Paypal account and everyone can send money to it. If every boards member sent on €1 each there'd be a fair few Euro in it after a short while.

Not for the OP, mind. For me. To buy non-essential luxury goods with.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

kylith wrote: »
    Jesus, don't go to one of those Payday Lenders, their typical APR is about 1000%. I hate to say it but if someone has gotten themselves into debt then it's their own look out, and they'll have to take their licks. You'll wind up thousands in debt yourself trying to help them, and you'll never see a penny back from them.

Tell your relative to liquidate some assets, pronto.

I doubt it's actually for a relative tbh..

+1 for asking your boss for an advance.. I don't see any other way if you don't have anything valuable to sell.

40%, they'll be flocking to you at that rate.

The range is 35% to 188.5%, make it 140% so and you can call yourself a real moneylender.

i think the dodgy short term ones are APR 1400%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

€5 on Roulette, Red or Black. Let it ride 9 times=€2,560.

You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

wyndham wrote: »
    €5 on Roulette, Red or Black. Let it ride 9 times=€2,560.

You're welcome.

Howya Seanie, is Drummers keeping well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

bluewolf wrote: »
    i think the dodgy short term ones are APR 1400%

Thought there was some law in Ireland about it being illegal to charge more than 37% on loans or is that not the case anymore ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I wish I could help you, OP, I really do. Judging from your post history you are a sound person and not somebody who is chancing their arm and looking for a digout from AH.

I don't know what to suggest... a one way ticket to the UK and then to continental Europe to disappear... go to the Gardaí.. you're a lower member of the public sector, I don't see much hope there for an employers' loan to be deducted from your wages but it's worth a chance if you can think of something to tell them that money is needed for urgently and might take too long.

The Gardaí are the best bet especially if GBH or a bullet to the head would be the upshot of defaulting. :(

ah i was wrong

Representative APR 4214%
    https://www.wonga.com/

over four thousand %

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Going the bank or credit union route isn't an option here.

I know the unregistered lenders have pitfalls but I'm going into this with my eyes wide open. Fact is I have no other options and can make the repayments as I am in regular employment that can be verified with payslips and bank details.

Can someone please put me in contact with one of these lenders via pm or if you're a lender yourself please get in touch.

I'm desperate here.
    Poor OP. I hope you're not serious. Get a credit card. I have an 8,000 limit:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Good luck OP.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement