Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick toddler

Options
  • 12-02-2012 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭

I'll keep it short. Last weds night 17 month old had a very high temp of around 40. We brought him to WestDoc and were told it was probably a viral infection but could be throat infection.
    Were given a prescription but told not to fill it until the Friday if necessary (only finished course of different antibiotics 2 weeks before )
    The temp stabilized by Friday but he was clearly unwell and in pain with his throat. Could not swallow much and no energy .
    We have given him the antibiotics and he has gradually ate a bit more. He is still not himself though .ie. Sitting around as opposed to wrecking the house !!!
    I had hoped as he is 48hrs into his antibiotics he would be much better already ?
    Also when he was born he had a v shaped red mark on his forehead which went away after a year or so . Well it's back which is weird !!! and a slight rash with it across hos forehead. His temperature is normal . Could Tia be a reaction to antibiotics ? They are called Erythromycin or something like that .
    I'm probably going to bring him to our own doctor this week either way .
    Thanks for your time,
    A worried dad :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Sorry, but no medical advice can be given. Please bring your son to the GP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement