Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

living in cloyne

Options
  • 12-02-2012 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

hello I hope to sell my house in cork city in the next six months (no work and no hope of work 53y old single) and am looking to move to the cloyne /killeagh area for a cheap house about 125k or less hopefully 90k (any help on where to buy or where not to buy ghost estates ) is cloyne a nice town tx noel for any feedback

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

noel50 wrote: »
    hello I hope to sell my house in cork city in the next six months (no work and no hope of work 53y old single) and am looking to move to the cloyne /killeagh area for a cheap house about 125k or less hopefully 90k (any help on where to buy or where not to buy ghost estates ) is cloyne a nice town tx noel for any feedback

We lived in Cloyne for a year a while back, and in Killeagh now about 18 months. I prefer Killeagh. The transport links are better, particularly if you don't have a car. Social life is more accessible; I found Cloyne very GAA-centred, but Killeagh has more diversity. Property prices are roughly equal for equivalent houses, but if price is the deciding factor you'll find a cheaper house in Cloyne. The shops, pubs and take-aways in Killeagh are nicer IMO. Killeagh has lovely woods for walks; Cloyne really only has road-walks, though I'll admit they are very quiet roads. Both towns have GPs, vets, post offices, pharmacies, churches, so there's not much between them there. The Garda station in Cloyne is closed down (intercom to Midleton), but Killeagh is still open part-time.

You should probably also consider Castlemartyr, Ladysbridge, Ballymacoda, Garryvoe and Shanagarry. Property prices have come down, so you might find something to suit you there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

And prices have fallen a lot in Cobh also and you have a town, 3 large supermarkets, train link, great community activities, everything on your doorstep. May be worth looking at Cobh too. Best of luck!

Advertisement