Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labrador Puppy

• 12-02-2012 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hey guys

My Lab puppy is 4 months old and since we got her three weeks ago she seemed to be scratching alot so I did the usual flea washes etc but it never stopped her scratching at night she is a big clumsy puppy and most of the time she scratches she doesnt make contact with her skin so I started to think maybe it was a habit.

Today though I have noticed three little bald patches on her fur and really flaky skin around the patches the best way I have of describing it is that it looks the exact same as eczema that my sister had when she was younger.

I have had her booked into the vets for this week so will of course get the vet to look then but I am just wondering if anyone else has experience of this.

She is a complete cutie of a puppy and is extremely well behaved she loves her food and is always in good form but I know myself from having dry skin this must be annoying her

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

What are you feeding her OP - she may have a food allergy?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cherrybomb

Was thinking that myself tk I did have her on a Red Mills mix that she was on when I got her the protein content was 21% which I thought might be too high for a pup and she has a major appetite it just didnt seem to be filling her

I have her on a different mix now the name escapes me but its 18% protein and has fish oil added even the feel of the nut is very oily so I am hoping this will help

As I said she is a really happy pup but I dont want this problem getting worse

Advertisement