Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toor Valley and Ard An Locha, Moate

Options
  • 12-02-2012 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

Just wondering does anyone live in either of these estates? Are they nice estates to live in, quiet, no trouble? Also are the houses good quality? Are the walls that join the houses paper thin or do you rarely hear any noise from next door? I intend to knock on a few doors and ask residents these questions but here is as a good a start as any!

Oh and is there landline broadband available in these estates?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I would recommend that you go out and have a look at the estates, it may answer your question. While I don't know anyone who lives in them, they have a low asking price and that may be for a good reason...
    In my opinion, the Ard Locha houses look better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

My BF rented in Toorvalley for about 8 months, all I would say is AVOID.

Paper thin walls, very high noise level from the adjoining houses, woefully bad insulation, gaps between the windows and window frames. Extremely high heating bills the entire time he lived there. If your driving by, you'll notice that one of the houses on the front row is burnt out-the gas switch is located right beside the fireplace and the tenant in that house ended up in hospital after it exploded in his face and gutted the house completely. The estate is half built, and most of the finished houses have been vacant since completion. I don't know what the houses in Ard Locha are like but they couldn't possibly be worse than Toorvalley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭captain caveman

Sorry to hi-jack this... Looking at Cois na hAbhainn in Moate, anyone know what they're like? Anywhere else to avoid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭skeptik

Sorry to hi-jack this... Looking at Cois na hAbhainn in Moate, anyone know what they're like? Anywhere else to avoid?

I've heard that Cois Na hAibheann is nice and Sliabh Rua is supposed to be good too. Word of mouth but hope it helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ardanlocha

Before you buy or rent in Ard An Locha Moate please PM me, and i will give you an honest perspective

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Thread is 2.5 years old at this stage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Zombie thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement