Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westfest 2012

Options
  • 12-02-2012 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

I know the launch was last night but didn't get to it. Anyone know who the acts are going to be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    I know the launch was last night but didn't get to it. Anyone know who the acts are going to be?

The Proclaimers is one of the acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭mallachyrivers

I think they got the stone roses too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

And the Red Hot Chili Peppers, just to balance things:D

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14638:proclaimers-to-play-at-west-fest&catid=23:news&Itemid=46

SCOTTISH band The Proclaimers will be among the headline acts at West Fest 2012 at the Showgrounds in Ballina from June 29 to July 1. The band has enjoyed several chart success in the UK and around Europe with their version of (I’m Gonna Be) 500 Miles among their best known hits.
    It is understood that the organisers are in negotiations with a number of prominent acts and that announcements in relation to the bill line-up will be made at regular intervals over the coming weeks. An extra day has been added to the event to cater specially for younger music fans.
    There was an excellent evening of live music at a ceremony to mark the official launch of the West Fest promotion in Hotel Ballina last Saturday night. The featured guest was Jamie Lawson who received a warm welcome from the appreciative audiences.
    There was a real rollicking performance from Foxford trad and folk band The Craic Away Jacks as well as from the talented RnBs from East Mayo with special guest Olwyn Murray from Ballyhaunis.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kenny d

If, as the promoters assured us after last year that Aghamore was soo good then why is it in Ballina this year ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Loved last yr but definitely not going this year if the proclaimers are all they can muster up!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Man I would love to see them
    Sunshine on Leith is an excellent album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

I hate the way they slowly leak acts. It doesn't look too hopeful does it :(

Don't think I'll be going along this year unless they pull some seriously good acts out of the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Think the festival scheduled for Westport House might just blow Westfest out of the water if they can't come up with big name acts.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0223/festivals.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Ilovelucy wrote: »
    Think the festival scheduled for Westport House might just blow Westfest out of the water if they can't come up with big name acts.

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0223/festivals.html

Oh wow! That's my festival sorted. And kids go free so I can bring the little one too!! Good line up although I prefer most of the smaller acts to the headline acts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Neworder79

Website up, 2 days and a great lineup...beats anything at the old "music festival" on the mall.

http://www.westportfestival.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

ash23 wrote: »
    Oh wow! That's my festival sorted. And kids go free so I can bring the little one too!! Good line up although I prefer most of the smaller acts to the headline acts.

it wont be kids go free into the pirate adventure park , which is where they will get you.

irishgeo wrote: »
    it wont be kids go free into the pirate adventure park , which is where they will get you.

The website says otherwise http://www.westportfestival.com/kids-zone/

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Leitrim lass

Westfest 2012 has been cancelled.
    if indeed it was ever to take place.:confused:

Westfest 2012 has been cancelled.
    if indeed it was ever to take place.:confused:

the website is down.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

steph1 wrote: »

everything happening practically the same weekend.

i am sure another weekend could be found.

Does no one talk to each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

It was a flop last year. Were tickets on sale? Maybe just nobody bought them.

Westport music festival is same price, 3 times as many stages and a much nicer setting. Open air too. I'm sure they were looking for any excuse to cancel it.

Advertisement