Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gibellini Shaving system

• 12-02-2012 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

I left my usual razor in my mother's house in Castlepollard - I'm not driving 100 miles round trip to collect.
    Off to Lidl - Gibellini shaving system with 20 blade cartridges for €5.99.

Anyone use this razor before? is it as good as mainstream products?
    Never had a problem with other Lidl brands before so should I expect women to queue up and enter my bathroom to feel my silky smooth face or will there be a bloodbath of nicks cuts and lacerations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

stoneill wrote: »
    I left my usual razor in my mother's house in Castlepollard - I'm not driving 100 miles round trip to collect.
    Off to Lidl - Gibellini shaving system with 20 blade cartridges for €5.99.

Anyone use this razor before? is it as good as mainstream products?
    Never had a problem with other Lidl brands before so should I expect women to queue up and enter my bathroom to feel my silky smooth face or will there be a bloodbath of nicks cuts and lacerations?
    Girlfriend's dad swears by them and curses all the cash he spent on Gillete etc.

I use a straight meself

HB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

20 blade cartridges

:eek:

100628.featuritis.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Update
    Not quite a blood bath - not quite as close a shave as I like either.
    Gives a similar shave as disposable Bic razors.

That's all I have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭uch

Update
    Not quite a blood bath - not quite as close a shave as I like either.
    Gives a similar shave as disposable Bic razors.

That's all I have to say.

It was for me, more blades means more irritation and skin damage, best thing I ever did was to fúck away all my multiblade razors and get a reasonable DE from Chris in Shaving.ie, 100 blades for about €10, razor from €15 ish, cheap close shave thereafter, and no shaving rash

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭tap28

uch wrote: »
    It was for me, more blades means more irritation and skin damage, best thing I ever did was to fúck away all my multiblade razors and get a reasonable DE from Chris in Shaving.ie, 100 blades for about €10, razor from €15 ish, cheap close shave thereafter, and no shaving rash

Have to agree, I suffered from bad shaving rash. About 4 years ago I bought a Merkur Progress and while I get a really close shave, not getting a rash is the single biggest reason to buy a DE.

• Advertisement
Advertisement