Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

early disposal of car on tax relief scheme for disabled persons

Options
  • 12-02-2012 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi,
    Does anyone have any further info on the above subject other than what is on the revenue.ie site? Basically, I am a disabled passenger and our car is on the tax relief scheme. In September this year, I can officially change cars and re enter the scheme bur our car is now beyond repair and would cost more than it's worth to fix, we have no option but to replace the car now due to it being essential for hospital visits etc. Is there any special dispensation for such situations where you can just transfer all adaptations and scheme benefits to the new vehicle without penalty of having to repay the vrt from the old one?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Are you intending to sell it for scrap or trying to profit on a sale against cars that are sold inclusive of vrt?

If you are scrapping it I imagine there would be a provision, same as if it was written off in an accident.

Advertisement