Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shampoo/Conditioner for split ends

• 12-02-2012 3:55pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've noticed recently that I have a lot of split ends and my hair is brittle and breaking on the ends, about 1cm from tip.

Got my hair cut in December, won't really be able to afford another until April or so. Could anyone recommend a shampoo or conditioner that could help? Wouldn't want to spend more than €10.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I bought joico k Pak it was about ten pound so a little more than your budget but it's brill stuff my ends were wrecked from bleaching the bottom but like you I didn't want to fork out for a hair cut - no need now!
    Failing that I have found Aussie three minute miracle good and redken cat treatment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Twee. wrote: »
    I've noticed recently that I have a lot of split ends and my hair is brittle and breaking on the ends, about 1cm from tip.

Got my hair cut in December, won't really be able to afford another until April or so. Could anyone recommend a shampoo or conditioner that could help? Wouldn't want to spend more than €10.

I bought a big bottle (I think 750ml) of schwarkopf Bonacure repair rescue conditioning treatment in terrisales I think it was €16 i'm sure the smaller bottle was under a tenner. It is amazing! I smoother it all over my hair, put cling film and a towel and leave it on for as long as I can! My hair always feels unreal after it! It is the best one I have found so fair :) my second favourite is the orofluido mask but think it is 12€.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

l'oreal absolut repair conditioner, it IS €12 though, but its absolutely lush. its stocked in most l'oreal salons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Avon do a split end mender thats meant to be decent. Its probably something preventative that youre looking for though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Someone mentioned to me that Tigi Bed Head Ego Boost Split End Mender and Leave in Conditioner was very good. I haven't used it myself so don't really know how good it is. Apparently there are several products in this range which specifically target split ends. I understand this particular one is UK£10 so probably 12 - 13 Euro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

aristocat wrote: »
    Someone mentioned to me that Tigi Bed Head Ego Boost Split End Mender and Leave in Conditioner was very good. I haven't used it myself so don't really know how good it is. Apparently there are several products in this range which specifically target split ends. I understand this particular one is UK£10 so probably 12 - 13 Euro?

Check out tk Maxx for tigi products, it's hit and miss on what they have but they are much cheaper :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Brilliant, thank you everyone! I'll have a look at the weekend and see what I can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

+1 for the Joico K-Pak. I used to be blonde (bottle :D) and this, along with mayonnaise, was the only thing that made my hair feel normal. It was so dry and ruined.

Having said that, I think I paid about 15 quid each for the shampoo and the conditioner, but I got them on eBay so that was probably mostly P&P.

I'm a big fan of Mane'n'Tail too, and it does come in extra moisturising, or deep moisture, something like that. It's a leave in/rinse out/do whatever you want conditioner and I love it.

Advertisement