Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would it be worth it?

Options
  • 12-02-2012 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I need a new phone and for the first time I thought about getting one on bill pay. Now just to point out I hardly EVER make calls or text, only when its vital. I would like a phone to browse the net however. So I was thinking would it worth signing up to a bill pay plan in order to have a nice phone that I just use for the internet. I was just hoping someone could tell me what charges or fees I would have to pay as bill pay customer before. Line rental is one I'd assume?

Cheers guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

If you want a subsidised phone and want to go bill pay and want a good high end phone, then the below would probably suit you:

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S II
    Network: 3
    Cost of phone: Free
    Contract: 2 Years
    Monthly bill: 40.66 EUR
    Bundle: 350 flexi units (=1 call minute or 2 text messages) and unlimited mobile data.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭barry711

Thank you very much Fungus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

Three offer the same deal effectively if you go prepay.

Galaxy SII: €500 new unlocked.

Three prepay - Top up by €20 once a month, gives you:
    - Unlimited data (15GB)
    - Free texts to any network (3000 txts)
    - Free three to three calls (3000 mins)
    - Free any network calls at the weekend (3000 mins)

€500 handset + €20 x 24 months = Total €980
    vs
    €40.66 x 24 months = Total €976

Same overall price but you're not locked into a contract with three.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,220 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

barry711 wrote: »
    I need a new phone and for the first time I thought about getting one on bill pay. Now just to point out I hardly EVER make calls or text, only when its vital. I would like a phone to browse the net however. So I was thinking would it worth signing up to a bill pay plan in order to have a nice phone that I just use for the internet. I was just hoping someone could tell me what charges or fees I would have to pay as bill pay customer before. Line rental is one I'd assume?

Cheers guys.

Have you had a look at mini flex max, €25pm, 100 Minutes, 333 texts (if you use an app like jelly sms) and Unlimited internet. A phone like the sony xperia ray is only €19 on that price plan. If you don't call a lot it would probably be the cheapest plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

barry711 wrote: »

Cheers guys.

I was faced with this last summer.
    Found myself in the 6 counties one day and bought an Orange Sanfrancisco in Argos ( £120 ? ) on PAYG
    Easy to unlock, immense user community provide great support.
    If I had my time again I'd do same again....

• Advertisement
Advertisement