Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyebrows in Dublin

• 12-02-2012 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi!
    Just wondering, does anyone recommend somewhere to get eyebrows done in Dublin city centre? I need to get them shaped from scratch, because they used to be practically invisible, but they've gotten a lot darker & more noticeable now! I'd rather nothing too expensive - I'm willing to spend €20 and under to get them done first, if it's worth it!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

ChloeElla wrote: »
    Hi!
    Just wondering, does anyone recommend somewhere to get eyebrows done in Dublin city centre? I need to get them shaped from scratch, because they used to be practically invisible, but they've gotten a lot darker & more noticeable now! I'd rather nothing too expensive - I'm willing to spend €20 and under to get them done first, if it's worth it!

The Body Shop on Grafton Street does threading for 12 Euro. No appointment needed, just walk in. This is about the best value for threading in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

aristocat wrote: »
    ChloeElla wrote: »
    Hi!

The Body Shop on Grafton Street does threading for 12 Euro. No appointment needed, just walk in. This is about the best value for threading in Dublin.
    I got my eyebrows done in there two weeks ago. Now my eyebrows are in bad enough shape anyways,(long hairs instead of nice shapely short ones) but when I got them done they were a mess! Just thinned out, uneven, the "arch" was more a "step" if that makes sense, basically the same as before but thinner, which I didn't want. I specifically said I wanted neater.

Ended up going into MAC and getting them filled in with pencil, the makeup artist said they were so bad I should go get a refund so I did.

Looking for recommendations on other places. I need my thinned out caveman eyebrows fixed lol :o

Thats terrible. Its kinda like hairdressers, you say just a trim and they practically scalp you. Good to have the heads up on that as I had scouted for various places and was going to go there. Back to the drawing board!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Taelated

I'm gonna try Velvet Beuaty on the Quays €12 this week as mine are unruly and there is a place on Capel St- J Nails that does eyebrow wax for €5. My friend got her's done at a Benefit make up counter and raved about it!

Taelated wrote: »
    I'm gonna try Velvet Beuaty on the Quays €12 this week as mine are unruly and there is a place on Capel St- J Nails that does eyebrow wax for €5. My friend got her's done at a Benefit make up counter and raved about it!

Could you give us an update on how you get on in Velvet Beauty? Whereabouts on the Quays is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Body shop threading is bushras, Bushra herself is amazing (she has a salon in Blackrock), my Sis got them done in bodyshop Henry street and they were not great to be honest. So it's probably hit and miss! I am getting HD brows done tomorrow in brown sugar €30 but that includes tint, have never had it done before but the pictures look fantastic they basically reshape brows to suit your face and train them to grow etc. maybe this is something you might be interested in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

Highly recommend Natalie for threading at the bottom of Nassau st in Boutique. Really experienced and always gives a great shape. She also does semi permanent makeup for eyebrows now. It's €15 - very reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

abrr1000 wrote: »
    Highly recommend Natalie for threading at the bottom of Nassau st in Boutique. Really experienced and always gives a great shape. She also does semi permanent makeup for eyebrows now. It's €15 - very reasonable.
    What does semi permeant eyebrow make up look like when it's done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

Should look like after having the eyebrows freshly tinted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

I get my eyebrows threaded at a lady who lives near me. Only €8 and she does a super job. PM me for her details if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭ChloeElla

aristocat wrote: »

I've heard horror stories about the Body Shop, so didn't want to risk it! Might check out Boutique though, I can pop down after college :)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

HD brows are the way forward. For years I've had two completely different shape eye brows, absolutely did my head in, no amount of growing/ going to salon to be waxed/ plucked etc did any good. So I let them grow for a few weeks, it was absolute torture but with some brown eyeshadow and a good angle brush I could shade them how I liked.

Anyway went to beauty laine (near ikea) cause I heard they did a new eyebrow treatment hd brows,twas amazing. They make sure you keep the length and thickness yet you end up with a very defined and particular angular shape. Basically they tint, wax and thread all in the same session.

I went into mccabes in swords one day and after telling the lady what I wanted (as you would with a haircut) the lady did the exact opposite, she gave me a 1999 circular shaped eyebrow, thinned them out and basically scalped me!

If anyone chooses to go for HD I would recommend you let them grow for a old month to give the beauticians something to work with, as I mentioned an angular brush and any brown eyeshadow can help through the growing process! It costs €35 but worth every cent!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wivy

have got my eyebrows done in a few of the body shops... the lady who did mine in the body shop in grafton street was actually the best time I ever had it done... maybe it was a different lady to the one mentioned above... maybe they rotate or change?
    stay away from body shop blanchardstown... she didnt have a CLUE what she was doin, she was pullin and pokin at me, had hairs growing back a couple of days later... i doubt she even got the hairs by the root.... terrible!

Advertisement