Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under-counter s15 incandescent striplight tubes

Options
  • 12-02-2012 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Hi folks, need your help. I have five 284mm and one 221mm undercounter striplights in my kitchen. They're doing my head in as they are constantly blowing.
    I bought 9w and 7w low energy long life replacement tubes yesterday only to find that while the ends of them are the same size as the normal 30w ones the actual tubes are too fat for the fittings :confused: !!

Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced alternative to the standard s15 striplights please ?
    If it can be done with the existing fittings great but I'm prepared to replace them if there is a cost effective way of doing this without breaking the bank. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

cheapest option is probably to replace them with t4 fittings, they will be cheaper to run and easy to fit as they inerlink with eachother with a lead that is supplied with them. would recomend robus brand as they are the most popular and the easiest to get bulbs for. t4 lamps are brand specific in the sizes and wattages so best to go with a common well known brand.
    fittings which include lamps start at about 8.50 euro for the 6 watt and up to about 16 euro for the 30 watt.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Thanks a mill for that. Do you know if I can use the existing wiring or if I have to use the cable that come with the units ?. The reason I ask is because I have to get around a cooker hood and over a window along the way.
    One other thing. I have 30w tubes in all my fittings - what would be the equivalent using t4 strips ? Really appreciate your help.

Would anyone be able to advise me about wiring and the wattage I'll need in the t4 strips please ?
    Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭whizbang

get the lowest T4 available. those 30w are very low light output.
    they come with about 2ft of interlink cable. cut and use screw terminals to extend if needed.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

its down to how much room you have to fit them, they start from 6 watt 8,10,16,20 and up to 30 watt. their size is relevant to the wattage with the 30 watt being about 3 foot long.

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. Thanks for the advice. Dec

Advertisement