Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2012 Will Be Awesome!

Options
  • 12-02-2012 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

(Mods, I put this thread here because a, it is relevant to COD b, we can get a good discussion going with the amount of traffic and c, there is no other forum that relates to this.)

Just think of what is coming this June at E3 in L.A;

*Treyarch are rumoured to be working on a new engine for Black Ops2.
    *Respawn Entertainment (old IW and creators of COD West&Zampella) will reveal their "COD KILLER".
    *Valve announcement of Half-Life 3 given this weeks mass online protests from fans demanding some information.
    *Xbox720 and PS3 hardware revealings.
    *Bioshock 3
    *New Hitman
    *Halo 4
    *and last but not least GTA5!

What are you most looking forward to in 2012?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

(Mods, I put this thread here because a, it is relevant to COD b, we can get a good discussion going with the amount of traffic and c, there is no other forum that relates to this.)

*Respawn Entertainment (old IW and creators of COD West&Zampella) will reveal their "COD KILLER".
    *Valve announcement of Half-Life 3 given this weeks mass online protests from fans demanding some information.
    *Bioshock 3
    *New Hitman
    *Halo 4

Potentially an amazing show... doubt they'll all be announced at it tho, especially if all the developers are expecting announcements like that list.. a case of having to compete with the rest for spotlight ! when they could get much more publicity if they waited to one of the smaller tech/gaming conventions.

For me tho... if valve announce HL3.. it'll blow everything else on that list out of the water ! Hopefully if it is announced this year it'll be that its being developed for next gen technology. With a new HL.. should come a new engine and with that a rake of new games from valve and other developers.

The hype surrounding it is insane, gabe is such a teese !

Hopefully respawn give something decent for console shooters as its really quite stale atm.

Blops2.. im looking forward to it in fairness, can't imagine a new engine tho.

Maybe we'll see xbox720.. not getting my hopes up on PS4 tho.

Hitman will be interesting, and not really fussed on Halo 4 or GTA.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Black Ops 2 Thread -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76438498

This thread is better suited to the Games section too UsernameInUse. I can move there if you want? You'll get more varied response there also.

Respawn Entertainment's new game I personally don't mind a thread be created for that, as it's CoD related to an extent with Zamp and West's involvement.

Moved from Call of Duty

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,624 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

<cynical ass>
    Oh yeah yipee - sequels.
    </cynical ass>
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

*Bioshock 3
    *New Hitman
    *Halo 4

I could be wrong but I don't think Rockstar have ever taken a GTA game to E3. So I doubt they will show it this year.

The game I am most anticipating is Assassin's Creed 3. I wonder if they will keep the setting a secret until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Nah I hope it gets boycotted to fúck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

3 days of trying to beat off ignorant yanks to play games, getting sweet feck all done, and talking to the same people you've been talking to all year about the same things. *shudder*

that said, i'll still be there, i'll still do all that, and i'll still complain about it and go again the following year

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So when is it so?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm looking forward to seeing the final version (and final name) of the Wii U. Nintendo in HD at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

*New Hitman

New hitman has already been revealed and Valve won't announce HL3 cause of the protests. They'll release info when they want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sharrow wrote: »
    Nah I hope it gets boycotted to fúck.

Ye, that'll work.

Hey journalist/Developers/Publishers, do you oppose sopa.....then why not show it by professional self mutilation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Varik wrote: »
    Ye, that'll work.

Hey journalist/Developers/Publishers, do you oppose sopa.....then why not show it by professional self mutilation.

ESA have dropped their support of SOPA so I doubt we'll see much of a push at a boycott.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/01/esa-sopa/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

*Treyarch are rumoured to be working on a new engine for Black Ops2. [Meh]
    *Respawn Entertainment (old IW and creators of COD West&Zampella) will reveal their "COD KILLER". [Another warfare FPS, great :rolleyes:]
    *Valve announcement of Half-Life 3 given this weeks mass online protests from fans demanding some information. [Not a hope, they work to Newells schedule, not ours]
    *Xbox720 and PS3 hardware revealings. [Xbox should be interesting, the PS3 apparently has a Cell based CPU :p]
    *Bioshock 3 [After Bioshock 2, I'll postpone my excitement. Not that Bs 2 was bad, is was just Bs 1.5]
    *New Hitman [Ok, looking forward to that admittedly]
    *Halo 4 [Getting somewhat tired of the Halo cashcow]
    *and last but not least GTA5! [Yep, looking forward to it.]

Answers in bold. I'd love to finally get some HL3 reveal, I'm on the verge of actually not giving a damn so before that happens...get off yer cheeks Newell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Lol like half life 3 will be out in our lifetimes :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

The Last Guardian

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Im hoping for HL3! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Some decent games that aren't sequels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Helix wrote: »
    3 days of trying to beat off ignorant yanks to play games, getting sweet feck all done, and talking to the same people you've been talking to all year about the same things. *shudder*

that said, i'll still be there, i'll still do all that, and i'll still complain about it and go again the following year

still a long enough trip from toronto! i'd always thought about going to e3 but probably cost too much to be worth it...

ah it's not too bad, about 5 and a half hours all in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

is it not media only or am i missing somthing?

weeder wrote: »
    is it not media only or am i missing somthing?

yeah it's media only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Nollog

Retailers send people too.
    Like gamestop and co.

trade only would be more accurate then i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

what do you do Helix? you work as a developer or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

There should be bets if HL3 will be shown or not!

tumblr_lz6zf6sVRu1qgik10o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

1. Gabe says there will be an announcement at E3 about HL3
    2. Cue mass internet panic
    3. Gabe announces that HL3 is being planned. Someone asks when is a likely release date. Gabe says he doesn't know but some time before 2030.
    4. Repeat 2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

id be happy enough to hear 2030 as a release date
    at least then I'd be able to put it to the back of my mind for another 18 years rather than waking up every morning, brushing the sleep from my eyes and wondering if today is the day I learn something new about hl3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I like all these big shows but it does get annoying when a new game is announced and then at the end they say that will be available in 2 years :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is it me or people have their pants way over twisted about hl3?

Don't understand me wrong, I played hl1 and it was awesome back then, but at this stage I am really meh about it. Good game and hl3 can be good game too, but I am not going to go "jizz in my pants" over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Good game and hl3 can be good game too, but I am not going to go "jizz in my pants" over it.

Jizzing in my pants is exactly what I will be doing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Only thing I am interested in hearing about apart from HL3 is some new information on the wiiU.

Advertisement