Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2012 Will Be Awesome!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

(Mods, I put this thread here because a, it is relevant to COD b, we can get a good discussion going with the amount of traffic and c, there is no other forum that relates to this.)

Just think of what is coming this June at E3 in L.A;

*Treyarch are rumoured to be working on a new engine for Black Ops2.
    *Respawn Entertainment (old IW and creators of COD West&Zampella) will reveal their "COD KILLER".
    *Valve announcement of Half-Life 3 given this weeks mass online protests from fans demanding some information.
    *Xbox720 and PS3 hardware revealings.
    *Bioshock 3
    *New Hitman
    *Halo 4
    *and last but not least GTA5!

What are you most looking forward to in 2012?
    hell.jpg
    thermostat.jpg ...Hmmm nope, still pretty toasty down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Is it me or people have their pants way over twisted about hl3?

Don't understand me wrong, I played hl1 and it was awesome back then, but at this stage I am really meh about it. Good game and hl3 can be good game too, but I am not going to go "jizz in my pants" over it.

Its more than a good game ! HL1 imo was the best FPS of the 90's and HL2 IS the best FPS of the 00's... HL3 will probably be the best shooter of the 10's !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    what do you do Helix? you work as a developer or something?

im media

Helix wrote: »
    im media
    14517217.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

(Mods, I put this thread here because a, it is relevant to COD b, we can get a good discussion going with the amount of traffic and c, there is no other forum that relates to this.)

Just think of what is coming this June at E3 in L.A;

*Treyarch are rumoured to be working on a new engine for Black Ops2.
    *Respawn Entertainment (old IW and creators of COD West&Zampella) will reveal their "COD KILLER".
    *Valve announcement of Half-Life 3 given this weeks mass online protests from fans demanding some information.
    *Xbox720 and PS3 hardware revealings.
    *Bioshock 3
    *New Hitman
    *Halo 4
    *and last but not least GTA5!

What are you most looking forward to in 2012?

Um i read over this 3 times and still can't find any mention of Wii U?

Anyways that's what i'm most excited for. New Nintendo console with HD graphics, a title by Retro Studios and more to be announced? count me in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Is it me or people have their pants way over twisted about hl3?

Don't understand me wrong, I played hl1 and it was awesome back then, but at this stage I am really meh about it. Good game and hl3 can be good game too, but I am not going to go "jizz in my pants" over it.

Both Half Life and Half Life 2 acted as innovators for the industry. And Valve can hardly be considered a one trick pony. They've produced games such as Portal and Left 4 Dead. I also want to find out how it ends. :D The difference between Duke Nukem Forever and Half Life 3 is that I have high expectations for the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 olden

The weeks running up to E3 are always so much fun, teasers and rumors make such an unhealthy impact.

I'm personally interested in;

- A new 3DS model (preferably with duel analog)
    - full [gameplay] reveal for The Last of Us
    - Any new console information from the Big 3
    - Secret teasers and reveals (always great fun)

Also, I'm hoping for a repeat of Konami's 2010 E3 masterpiece of a conference. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The Last Guardian info or GTFO!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Kiith wrote: »
    The Last Guardian info or GTFO!

You should probably be wishing for good news while you're at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Valve are one of the only companies that can generate millions of dollars worth of free advertising from saying nothing !!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Valve are one of the only companies that can generate millions of dollars worth of free advertising from saying nothing !!

They better give me some news soon, or i'll never buy anything from them again.
    ...This is a total lie, and i'll pretty much buy anything they sell.

It'll be like HL2: when they do announce it, we'll freak out, and then it will seem like the game still doesnt come out for 2 years, and then we play it, and then all will be good, until gabe promises us a rapid sequel, 14 years later

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Not a chance of HL3 being announced.

There's been way too many rumours flying around and trolling going on. Although I hope I'm seriously seriously wrong. Valve prefer to announce these things in a fun and unique way. The only thing I could imagine that Valve would announce at E3 in relation to HL would be E3. I would imagine that they way they'd announce it is with the G man popping up somewhere telling Gordon to wake up! That or a headcrab to fall on you.

I personally would love another Half Life game. I recently replayed them all and they've still held up. I really like Freeman's Mind by Machinima.

I'm also very interested in Wii U too.

Oh I'd love to be at E3!

^ Yep it's happening again. Bunch of touch men, standing around "Ah pfft of course they won't say anything. And I for one don't care!" "Yeah me neither of course" "Mmmhmm!"

E3 rolls around and they're the first ones you'll see clicking refresh on a google for "HL3"

Advertisement