Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP (3COM) switch loses settings at poweroff.

Options
  • 12-02-2012 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi Guys,

My HP (3COM) Baseline Switch 2920 doesn't seem to remember settings when it is powered off. i.e. user accounts are cleared when power is cycled.

This seems weird for a switch that is targeted for business as my WRT54G saves settings?

Is it the case that this router should be paired with a UPS to prevent a powerdown of the switch? And if a power down does occur you should load settings from a backup?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭swampgas

Hi Guys,

My HP (3COM) Baseline Switch 2920 doesn't seem to remember settings when it is powered off. i.e. user accounts are cleared when power is cycled.

This seems weird for a switch that is targeted for business as my WRT54G saves settings?

Is it the case that this router should be paired with a UPS to prevent a powerdown of the switch? And if a power down does occur you should load settings from a backup?

Thanks.

With a lot of switches and routers you have to save the running configuration to flash before it will survive a power cycle. Are you sure that you are doing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 _underscore

I wasn't doing that but spotted it shortly after posting.

Actually this is cool. I see I can save multiple configs. So I can try out various configs and test over time. While reverting back to a know good one any time.

This is brill and will help me be more adventurous with this decent piece of kit.

Cheers!

Advertisement