Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epson SX425W Wireless Printer / Scanner / Memory card reader 40eu in Dunnes.

Options
  • 12-02-2012 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

Got one of these yesterday in Dunnes. So far a great piece of kit. Have so far printed the kids passport photos on it, along with some other pics etc and all seems perfect.

Note: Is on the shelf at 60 euros but when I scanned it in (was buying at that price anyway) it came up with 20 euros off! So only paid 40 for it.

The wireless feature is great - you can tell it to scan and it can read memory cards (SD,xD and Pro I think) over the wireless connection.

Anyway, may be of interest to some.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

zaphodbeeb wrote: »
    Got one of these yesterday in Dunnes. So far a great piece of kit. Have so far printed the kids passport photos on it, along with some other pics etc and all seems perfect.

Note: Is on the shelf at 60 euros but when I scanned it in (was buying at that price anyway) it came up with 20 euros off! So only paid 40 for it.

The wireless feature is great - you can tell it to scan and it can read memory cards (SD,xD and Pro I think) over the wireless connection.

Anyway, may be of interest to some.

Looks good.... Just what I need and at a good price, ill pick one up tomorrow.... Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

can you get cheaper ink re-fills or will you be screwed when it comes to get new cartridges?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tidyweb

Its all about the ink replacement costs

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

Dunnes were also doing two set of cartridges for this - one normal set - can't say what price they were as they weren't marked so I bought the double capacity ones which were 64 euro or so.

Ink is dear - it's how they make their money back **BUT** I have / had an Epson Stylus printer which was never the same after using replacement cartridges to the extent where now even on inserting two new genuine Epson black inks the printer still reports the black as empty and is unusable.

Beware of cheap inks. I used to think that was scaremongering - and I suppose they work ok in a really cheap HP printer I have [got it for a fiver so wasn't too concerned about being careful], but be warned. They work for some people I guess but at your own risk....

Funnily enough I saw them in Harvey Normans (the inks) for a bit cheaper, I think the normal ones were 40 eu ish while the double capacity ones were 58.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

Beware of cheap inks. I used to think that was scaremongering - and I suppose they work ok in a really cheap HP printer I have [got it for a fiver so wasn't too concerned about being careful], but be warned. They work for some people I guess but at your own risk....

i have good enough experience with replacement ink, and with that price it is cheaper even if you need replace whole printer after you use two sets of inks

genuine inks from printer manufacturers have INSANE prices

www.ebay.ie/itm/260901261066 full set for €10 delivered directly from china - can take up to 2-3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

which were 64 euro or so

:eek: They should give the printer away for Free if the inks are that dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Is the ink included or seperate??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

tvercetti wrote: »
    Is the ink included or seperate??

It would usually be ink cartridges half full that come with a printer I think

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

Tesco have a HP 3050A printer half price, at 50 euro until 22 Feb, cartridges are 20 euro each normal price and it needs too. Wireless, copier & scanner. Looking out for a printer, not sure what represents good ink value, any suggestions between these two?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I have the Epson 445 which is the newer model of the 425. inkjet and justmedia both have non brand ink advertised for the 425 but not yet the 445. I ordered the one they claimed worked with the 425 and had no issues.

So, you should expect to get 425 non Epson ink for about 5 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Got the sw445w for €59, on sale from €109
    The sw235w is also €39

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

..they worked fine? As good as the real thing? If so maybe I should re-consider but can you confirm?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Ive used justmedia ink for two years now and no problems , cheapest I could find anywhere .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

..they worked fine? As good as the real thing? If so maybe I should re-consider but can you confirm?

Thanks.

I only installed the black cartridge as the others were fine. It appeared to work fine, but a few days later the printing was messed up. I reinserted the cartridge and it has worked fine since so I think I didn't install it correctly the first time.

The printing now is fine.
    The reason I bought this printer was from a thread in the Printers (or tech?) forum. A lot of people recommended Epson.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I use just media's ink and have done since they 1st started selling ink (about 4-5years ago), never even had one bad cartridge.
    The SX445W I got is brilliant, well impressed for €59

Strange. I remember trying non-epson inks (they worked ok for a while) but the printer always did have an warning on its' screen (and on the PC) saying something about non-Epson inks... Does that still happen?

Advertisement