Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

surf in strandhill

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

Cecil Mor wrote: »
    Often its the annoying hooting & shouting that annoys the locals, esp if there is usually a nice chilled out lineup.
    So just shut the fck up then brah and you will have loads of friends in the line up. Hoot hoot indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭slimgsi

well i dont mind a bit of quiet now and again, but when your out there and people dont even say hello or nothin. will prob change a bit when the hoods come off, nuisance talking with eat plugs in and hoods on at times. hows the surf looking for this weekend, anyone been checking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Cecil Mor

Tis gonna be one big mess over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EL01

slimgsi wrote: »
    i said id almost call myself intermediate. but duck diving is one thing i do need work on and i am working on it. anyone ever went on one of those intermediate lessons in bundoran, im thinkin they cud help me piece my duck diving together and let me know if ive bad habits.
    Hi I did a private lesson with Richie Fitzgerald of Surfworld the week after Eurosurf and asked him to focus on duck diving. Swell was huge so we went to Streedagh. He completely broke the duckdive down into small steps for me first on land and then in the water. When I do what he showed me it's really effective and a better technique uses less energy. I'm sure he would cover this off in an intermediate or improver lesson if you mention it when u book. Conditions were pretty tough so I ended up duck diving a lot which was tough then but is paying off ever since. Not sure what board u are on...this can make a diffrence too. Hope you nail it:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭slimgsi

yea i was thinking on getting a lesson with richie soon, just to get rid of any bad habits that i might have. must get on the ball and get this duck diving conquered.

• Advertisement
Advertisement