Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leak issues and proper storage when not using!?

Options
  • 12-02-2012 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. I'm new to the world of vapouring and have not smoked a cigarette in 4 days which is like a miracle for me as I used to be a heavy smoker.
    So far so good and I'm finding them great except for the leaks. I'm using the Joye ego-t tank system with the joye ego-t atomiser and tank cylinder type B.

I'm wandering is the type A Cone Atomiser and Cylinder any better than the Type B and I'm also wandering if I am storing it right when I'm not using it. Does anyone know the proper way to store it to stop leaks?
    I am going to purchase the rubber seals for the cylinder as I read somewhere that they are a bit better than the hard plastic ones that come with them.

I have also tried DCC'S and they are not too bad once you don't overfill them but I prefer the idea of filling the tank and not having to refill for half a day and I also feel like I'm getting a better hit from the tank cylinder system, more smoke, throat hit, etc..

I have also tried the 510 CE3 Smokymizer XL which were a complete disaster as the ejuice just flowed straight out of them down by the battery like a tap after I had them filled (very disappointing). Did anyone else have similar experience with these?
    Any recommendations would be much appreciated....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

newmark wrote: »
    I have also tried the 510 CE3 Smokymizer XL which were a complete disaster as the ejuice just flowed straight out of them down by the battery like a tap after I had them filled (very disappointing). Did anyone else have similar experience with these?
    Any recommendations would be much appreciated....

did you put the little black rubber thing back in the top of the smokeymizer after you filled it?
    if you leave it out, then it just all leaks straight out the battery end alright. thats one of the more annoing things about it, that you have to cover up the battery end somehow while you fill it up. and then use a god damn tweezers to put that black thing back in to fill up the hole

also you can get cartomiser tanks like this one, which is out of stock atm
    http://www.irishvapers.ie/cartomizers/129-smoktech-dual-coil-tank.html
    but something similar to that (of which there are about five thousand) might do you.
    afaik the only tank system similar to the ego-t that doesn't have leaking problems is the new imist, which is out of stock (although i think irishvapers are getting it back in next week)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I use an eGo-C which uses the type A tank. I did have some leaks but I think one of the atties was the culprit now. Even the rubber stoppers didn't work and it actually leaked worse with them.

The rubber ones are cheap though and some people here swear by them so they're worth trying.

Don't twist the tank when you put it onto the atty by the way and push the atty down onto the tank rather than the other way around. Supposed to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

did you put the little black rubber thing back in the top of the smokeymizer after you filled it?
    if you leave it out, then it just all leaks straight out the battery end alright. thats one of the more annoing things about it, that you have to cover up the battery end somehow while you fill it up. and then use a god damn tweezers to put that black thing back in to fill up the hole

also you can get cartomiser tanks like this one, which is out of stock atm
    http://www.irishvapers.ie/cartomizers/129-smoktech-dual-coil-tank.html
    but something similar to that (of which there are about five thousand) might do you.
    afaik the only tank system similar to the ego-t that doesn't have leaking problems is the new imist, which is out of stock (although i think irishvapers are getting it back in next week)
    Thanks for getting back to me....yep I put de black rubber thing on with the tweezers but I connected the smokeymiser onto the battery before filling it thinking that it wouldn't leak out that way. maybe i would have been better to twist it on after filling it I dunno. I might try them smoktech cartomiser tanks do they fit the ego-t battery?
    The imist sounds interesting too I might try that if they get them in..

I use an eGo-C which uses the type A tank. I did have some leaks but I think one of the atties was the culprit now. Even the rubber stoppers didn't work and it actually leaked worse with them.

The rubber ones are cheap though and some people here swear by them so they're worth trying.

Don't twist the tank when you put it onto the atty by the way and push the atty down onto the tank rather than the other way around. Supposed to help.
    Thanks for the tips... I will try what u are saying about not twisting the tank and pushing the atty on to the tank, it must be something got to do with how you connect it together because it doesn't happen all the time with the same atty and tank so maybe sometimes I'm connecting it wrong. I guess it comes with experience live and learn as they say.

Irish Vapers are getting the iMist back in this week and they sound very promising alright. Those smokeymisers have a number of issues with them and they really are a pain to fill. I'd never touch them again.

The eGo-W is pretty easy to fill and holds 2ml of juice. Just remove the tip and inject through the rubber septum and pop the tip back on. Very clean and no mess. I got one last week and it performed well. Think I broke something in it messing around with it but not a bad yoke.

It costs around 8 euro and will work with your eGo battery.

• Advertisement

Would the best way to store the ego-t be upright with the filter side pointing towards the ceiling and the usb side at bottom or would it be just best left flat like a pen left on a table if you know what I mean?

Would the best way to store the ego-t be upright with the filter side pointing towards the ceiling and the usb side at bottom or would it be just best left flat like a pen left on a table if you know what I mean?

When I had the bad attie I stored it tank down and it was fine but under normal circumstances it doesn't leak no matter how it's stored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I try to put the tank back on the same way.
    i mark the tank/cap so i know what way to put it in.only start to get leeks after 7 or 8 weeks

Stealthirl wrote: »
    I try to put the tank back on the same way.
    i mark the tank/cap so i know what way to put it in.only start to get leeks after 7 or 8 weeks
    Thats a great idea I'm going to start doing that from today :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Thanks for getting back to me....yep I put de black rubber thing on with the tweezers but I connected the smokeymiser onto the battery before filling it thinking that it wouldn't leak out that way. maybe i would have been better to twist it on after filling it I dunno. I might try them smoktech cartomiser tanks do they fit the ego-t battery?
    The imist sounds interesting too I might try that if they get them in..

The Smokeymizer should NOT be connected to the battery when filling. When filling place the silicon / rubber cap on the battery end. Having said that, although I am a big fan of the Smokeymizer, I would not recommend to newcomers.

• Advertisement

Hi Achieve, Thats very interesting info about the smokeymiser, thought I must be doing something wrong alright. I must have another try with them when my juice delivery comes tomorrow..Do you use them with the EGO-T Battery also?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Hi Achieve, Thats very interesting info about the smokeymiser, thought I must be doing something wrong alright. I must have another try with them when my juice delivery comes tomorrow..Do you use them with the EGO-T Battery also?

Yeah, I use with Ego T battery, although I think that I'll have to concede that people either love them or hate them (no middle ground here).

Advertisement