Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet friendly accommodation

• 12-02-2012 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I’ve been searching the web for pet friendly accommodation in Ireland.

Usually, myself and my friends rent a couple of pet friendly holiday cottages so I can bring my two dogs. This time its just me and my boyfriend for a long weekend so we’re hoping to stay in a hotel or guest house but nearly every one we find involves having the dogs stay in the bedroom. We don’t allow them in the bedrooms at home so this is not an option for us.

Can anyone recommend a hotel/guesthouse with boarding kennels? I’ve found one in the Ring of Kerry but have been to the area numerous times and we’d like to go somewhere else. Its going to be a hill walking weekend but would love to get a bit of surfing in so somewhere near the coast would be great.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

A lot of the Irish Landmark Trust properties are pet friendly :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 kelly0

Thanks for the link. I had a fairly through look through the hotels/guesthouses but none of them had boarding kennels as far as I could see :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I rented a place last year about 40 mins drive from Galway. I
    Made a mistake in fact; I thought it was in Galway city but it turned out to be another place ( tiny town) outside Clifdon ( aprox!) it had pubs, restaurants, some shops too. The name of the place was I think the Railway Cottage b&b & I think it was in Oughter Ard ( spelling?!?)
    They took pets & the breakfasts were FAB!!! due to the b&b being overbooked I actually got to stay in the little cottage seperate to the main b&B house which wasn't listed on the website, & it was just really georgous; separate small but roomy & well designed 2 level cottage; half door; two couches, patio doors looking onto paddock, lovely kitchenette with scones on arrival & a fab loft bedroom & en suite in the eaves upstairs.It was really a delight!!
    I really enjoyed it. The best part was that there was a HUGE ( like 200 acre huge) BOG down the lane behind the cottage; you could walk for hours & see noone & the dog could run wild for hours. It even had a little stream .. I had 2 days if beYtif sun & picnics; & 1 of s#¥te rain.. But there you have it!!! Only thing was when I got there she then asked me not to let the dog on the couch but that was OK!! Luckily I'd brought her bed too!!! Beaches within driving distance ( easy) & a fridge for the wino!! Very relaxed & enjoyable trip. Thou not where I'd thought I'd booked originally; I was trying for a city break!!!

I found it by googling pet friendly accommodation in Galway ; I think it was on a Georgina Campbell site; would that be right!?
    Anyway; because there's an upstairs & a downstairs it might suite your needs!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,957 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

If you are putting the dogs in kennels overnight why not decide where you want to go, look for local kennels and decide if opening/closing hours suit you then find your own accommodation nearby. If I had money I'd set up a bring your dog/horse hotel and provide crèche facilities.

Unfortunately I have no money :(

That's a very good idea!!! ( the kennels/accomodation tie-up!)Thanks!! Must bear in mind!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭kimberworth

The Lyrath Hotel in Kilkenny advertise that you can bring your dog and they'll arrange for the local kennels to call to hotel to collect your dog and return it on the day of your departure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 oldfart

Hey - was just looking myself for some for later in the year, this website is a great place to look as you can type in what area you are looking for the accommodation and there you go. There are some nice looking places on there that you wouldn't have thought would have accepted pets tbh

Advertisement