Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subtle bulling at work...

Options
  • 12-02-2012 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

I have recently started a new job, i am about 14 weeks in it.

The issue is that this girl that started the job with me is spreading malicious rumors about me.

She is claiming i a am annoying to sit beside, she made a claim another worker hates me, she said i am constantly making stupid mistakes and that i am lazy, she says i never get up and ask for help when i need it i just sit there. She is not even a manager or anything so what business is it of hers what i do?

The last few weeks i have been feeling like something was different, i was just very uncomfortable at work, i felt she was talking about me.

This is very strange to me because at the start she was all about me, it was clear she fancied me. She was constantly asking me to go to her place and go out on nights out. At the start we got off with each other for a bit although we never had sex or anything. I feel all this stuff happened when i rejected her and made it clear we wouldn't be going further.

She told this hateful stuff to a friend of mine at work, he then text me all she was saying to him. I kept the message.

Last night i rang her to confront her, she claimed innocence of course and i threatened her with telling some of the other workers what she was saying about them. She the said i never said anything to the person's in question and hung up. I was drunk at the time so i no that wasn't a smart thing to do.

A few seconds after the call i got threatening phone calls from a different number to hers saying i was going to be beaten up. This couldn't be coincidence.

I have to go to work tomorrow and face this person, what should i do?

To me this is a form of subtle bulling and i want this dealt with, i reckon i am seen in a negative light at work now so i want to sort this out.

Any help would be greatly helpful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

If you have a HR department, I'm afraid you will have to go to them and explain whats been going on. Or else go to your boss.

Its completely obvious shes only acting like this cause you rejected her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭peter barrins

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Moved from PI, think you'll get more specific advice here OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭going un-reg

Op, just out of curiousity, how old is she? I'm assuming she's 12? She sure acts like it. I know people deal with rejection badly in general, but that's taking full advantage of her ill feelings to a point where it's crossing the line.

For piece of mind, I'd pull one of your workmates aside and just ask if she's been talking about you, then IF you wish, you can reinforce your position by letting him/her know about the rejection situation (It would help, however I'm not sure if you'd be comfortable with that).

Just because she can't handle her emotions, doesn't give her the right to put you in an awkward situation. She needs to deal with rejection better.

G'luck :)

Advertisement