Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

protectiom order

Options
  • 12-02-2012 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

my wife has me in court next week for a protection order she applied for it to get me out of the house , i am sofa surfing for the last 3 months l worked from home with her now she has taken my customers so i have very little work or money what i need to know is do i need a solicitor to rep me. also she has a man in the house not living there but most days he has a history of assaults i have 3 children living there can i defend my case and will it be on ,my record i need security Clarence for my work when i get some

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Get a solicitor, if you can not afford one apply to legal aid for one. They will give you a letter to say you have applied. I believe that it the waiting time is 6 months. When you apply they will tell you what to do in relation to any upcoming court dates. If you can afford a solicitor get advice from friends and do not be afraid to tell solicitor what you can afford to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭11wingnut

thanks for quick reply.

Advertisement