Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using an Irish iTunes gift card on Spanish mobile/laptop?

• 12-02-2012 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi there

can an iTunes giftcard purchased here be used on a laptop and Iphone from Spain or does it make any difference where its from? Our Spanish student has an Itunes card but thinks it won't work on her laptop.

thanks in advance

JJ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

tell her to try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

The giftcard will work on the Irish iTunes store, because it was purchased in Ireland.

If the spanish student has a Spanish iTunes store account, the Irish-bought giftcard won’t work. I’m not sure if he/she would lose the credit, but it’s probably not worth the hassle to find out what would happen.

It’s possible to move your AppleID to another county’s iTunes store, but it’s designed for use by people who have moved to another country in the long-term, and I’m not sure whether there is a limit to the number of times you can move countries.

Best solution is for a member of the student’s family to buy a giftcard in Spain, and email the code to him/her.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lego11

Type 17 thanks for the helpful reply, after much faffing around we discovered basically what you have said so we cannot use the Itunes card. I'm trying to download something free from the iTunes store at the moment and see if it will go onto her Spanish iPhone. If that works then I will redeem the card on my own account and let her use it for her own stuff. Alternatley I will get her parents to send a code as you have suggested.

thanks

JJ

Advertisement