Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lurcher with red spot on nose

• 12-02-2012 9:12pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sam threw up in her bed last night, and this little red spot has appeared on her nose, she hasn't eaten anthing at all today and isn't really herself, just curled up in a ball all day. Very little interest in things she is usually mad about, lead/squeaky ball, no reaction. If she is the same tomorrow she'll be going to the vet, was just wondering in the meantime if anyone has any experience of this or advice to offer. Thanks.

430270_10150548349047981_613952980_8806578_1219988496_n.jpg
    Sorry for the massive image!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

It looks like she has skinned it off of something... Could she have done this in the cage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

It just looks like she's rubbed it off something tbh - my dog has done this off his crate at daycare a few times - he's too nosey! :D Was she mooching in bushes by any chance and picked up something gross?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

So you don't think the nose is related to the vomiting and not eating? Very strange for not to be interested in the ball!

She had only been two places yesterday, both familiar and no crates involved. Spot was only seen today.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Twee. wrote: »
    So you don't think the nose is related to the vomiting and not eating? Very strange for not to be interested in the ball!

She had only been two places yesterday, both familiar and no crates involved. Spot was only seen today.

There may well have been a scab on this that would have been hard to spot, from a small cut she could have got days ago... it looks like an older wound, the kind that's left behind when a scab falls off? D'you know what I mean?:o
    There seems to be a bit of an oul bug floating about OP. My Westie has been out of sorts the past few days, like your lassie he got sick a couple of times and really went in on himself, but back to normal today with meds. Mightn't do any harm to get her to the vet to get meds, she'll be right as rain in a day or two.
    As an aside, that photo makes me want to rub her nose. I love dog's snouts :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

DBB wrote: »
    There may well have been a scab on this that would have been hard to spot, from a small cut she could have got days ago... it looks like an older wound, the kind that's left behind when a scab falls off? D'you know what I mean?:o
    There seems to be a bit of an oul bug floating about OP. My Westie has been out of sorts the past few days, like your lassie he got sick a couple of times and really went in on himself, but back to normal today with meds. Mightn't do any harm to get her to the vet to get meds, she'll be right as rain in a day or two.
    As an aside, that photo makes me want to rub her nose. I love dog's snouts :o

Yeah I know what you mean about the scab, that could be it. Hopefully she'll be feeling better tomorrow morning! The could just be a coincidence and not related at all.

That nose of hers loves to be in my hoody pockets! She's at the right height for them when standing :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement