Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Is Down 12/02/2012

Options
  • 12-02-2012 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭

Hey guys me and 4 of my Mates can Log into steam but it says cant connect to server iv seen online that LOTS of people are having the same problem Any News?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Steam Support @Steam_Support

Our data center's UPS experienced a power failure. Power is back on now and working to get service restored asap - bit.ly/zUBZzz

This.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

From the steam forums
    We're currently experiencing unexpected downtime that started around 10:30 PST (GMT-8). We're working on getting everything running again as soon as possible.

Update: Our data center's uninterruptible power supplies experienced a power failure. The power is back on now and we're working to get service restored as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=784745&page=26

T'is sort of weird how I feel uncomfortable because steam is unexpectedly down. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

:mad:

Edit: Fixed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I did wonder wtf was happening.

I was doing something that I was not proud of ( mw3 mp ) and it got all ghetto on me. Went to play some amazing tense match of bf3 instead, so no relaxed "before bed" shooting...

Witcher 1 worked fine though!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Back up but the TF2 servers are still all over the place. Kinda cool when everyone has to revert to the vanilla weapon set though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Downtime announcements are usually posted here - http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=784745

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

192527.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Spy is sapping my Sentry!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Wasn't the average peak about 2 million just a year or two ago? Might have just been overwhelming traffic. Goodness. Unemployment right there.

Advertisement