Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipad 2 - newbie

• 12-02-2012 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

i am looking at gettingf an ipad 2 16g - can anyone tell me whether i should get the 3g or not and whats the difference between the two models.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

3G has a sim card slot for using a 3G data connection(mobile phone sim)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 THEMRMONGOOSE

yakkson wrote: »
    i am looking at gettingf an ipad 2 16g - can anyone tell me whether i should get the 3g or not and whats the difference between the two models.

Don't get an iPad 2! iPad 3 will be out in march garanteed with 4x better screen, faster processor, better camera, Siri, rumoured 20x better graphics and all for the same price as an iPad 2.
    You would be crazy to buy an iPad 2 when you could get a much better product for the same price if you wait a month.
    You won't regret waiting but you'll regret wasting your money!

Also don't bother getting 3G its extra money in the short term and long term(you need a sim) and its slow anyway. You will be using wifi nearly all of the time so it's not worth your while to pay extra for something that's slower and less stable then wifi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I was going to say the same thing about the ipad 3, you'd be absolutely crazy to buy an ipad 2 at this stage.

Even wait a month for the ipad 2 to go down in price,the older models always go down by at least a hundred Euro.

I really want an ipad too but will be waiting for that retina display.

Advertisement