Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

David Kelly RIP

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Great actor, one of our finest. RIP.

Gonna watch Strumpet City on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

RIP

He was fantastic in Fawlty Towers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Great actor, RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mr O'Reilly RIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Great actor and he always came across as a lovely man in any interview that id seen him do,loved his part in Fawlty Towers also he was brilliant playing the role of the mad publican in the RTE sitcom Upwardly Mobile.

RIP another Irish legend gone

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

RIP good sir. You have left many good moments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

Strumpet city was a bit before my time. I remember him from the signal box and his later films. A great man and a great loss RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,624 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He was ace even in Mean Machine with Vinnie Jones

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

He always seemed to play a man in his 80s, even when he was probably only in his 50s.

Best remembered (by me) as Teassy's wayward husband in Glenroe and also he was in an episode of Fawltey Towers playing a stereotypical Irish builder (the old stereotype - not the racehorse owning, nama dweller type).

RIP - thanks for the laughs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

out of my banannas alcohol wise so tired but yet so drunk

He always seemed to play a man in his 80s, even when he was probably only in his 50s.

yes, he was never the healthiest looking man

remember that motorbike scene in waking ned, skeleton on a bike:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Just watched the Fawlty Towers scene again above.The way he pumps himself up and down with a big grin when he says "I do, I do" would bring a smile to your heart. Funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Legend, rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,650 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

RIP one of the best.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Only 82? Wtf, a long career ahead of him.

RIP, always seemed to pop up in stuff you'd never expect to see him in.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Peter C

A legend!

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Great man. RIP :(

• Site Banned Posts: 148 ✭✭franciebellew

Who is this dude?

I don't recall seeing him in anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Fantastic talent, will be sorely missed.

RIP David Kelly :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Who is this dude?

I don't recall seeing him in anything?

If you're not trolling then try the following link:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0446303/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

This thread saddens me. Whitney Houston dies and there's more posts in the thread about her death. David Kelly was a true performer who entertained the masses and didn't do drugs or wasn't photographed looking the worse for wear on a night out. He did his job and was in our livingrooms for many years bringing some lighthearted humour into our lives.

Where will Whitney Houston get buried?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ericl

Where will Whitney Houston get buried?

In the ground.

David Kelly's death gets a page in The Sun and a bit of a page in The Mirror while Whitney Houston gets about 6 pages in 1 and 5 in another with a pullout tribute. Sorry to harp on but she was the architect of her own downfall and disappointed her fans with dismal live shows whereas David always thrilled his fans. David deserves more than a half hearted tribute :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

KKkitty wrote: »
    David Kelly's death gets a page in The Sun and a bit of a page in The Mirror while Whitney Houston gets about 6 pages in 1 and 5 in another with a pullout tribute. (

I'd like to think that Mr. Kelly wouldn't be too worried about how much coverage The Sun and The Mirror gave him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I was genuinely saddened to hear this news today.

What a great, great actor and absolute gentleman. A credit to our little country.

R.I.P David Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

RIP David, a true great you'll be forever missed. Sad news but he a had a long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Jacksquat

There's just nothing to say when someone like him goes R.I.P.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    KKkitty wrote: »
    David Kelly's death gets a page in The Sun and a bit of a page in The Mirror while Whitney Houston gets about 6 pages in 1 and 5 in another with a pullout tribute. (

I'd like to think that Mr. Kelly wouldn't be too worried about how much coverage The Sun and The Mirror gave him.
    I know but he deserves more than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Absolute legend. RIP David Kelly

ericl wrote: »
    In the ground.

I know she will be buried in the ground. What I meant was where in the world will she will be buried?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I know she will be buried in the ground. What I meant was where in the world will she will be buried?

What has that got to do with the great David Kelly? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

RIP David Kelly,

I'll always remember his role in Neil Gaimans 'Stardust' kicking ass as the keeper of the gap in the wall. :D:D:D

I recall the Blizzard of Odd did a segment of him commenting that he was practically 'born old' with old, grainy, black and white archive footage of him not looking a day younger.

He was a great actor and always played the role of the old man with that spark of youth.

What has that got to do with the great David Kelly? :(

Its got nothing to do with kelly. Someone else mentioned Whitney Houston here on this thread and I was curious as to where she was being buried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

A wonderful actor and a credit to Ireland. May he Rest In Peace.

RachaelVO wrote: »
    My Dad was just telling me he was in a series a good few years ago called Robins Nest, and he was "a one armed dish washer"

Fecking priceless. One of our very greats...

only an irishman would be cast as one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Ah only just saw this thread here.

RIP David Kelly :(

Real loss to film & TV in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

Duckjob wrote: »
    Great actor, and by all accounts an absolute gentleman.

RIP
    So true, always seemed to be dapper,good humored and kind ,hope he passed peacefully

Had the pleasure of meeting him when he stayed in a hotel I worked in years ago while appearing locally in a play,the name of which escapes me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Perhaps I'm imagining this, but I seem to remember him starring in some odd little programme on a Sunday night on RTE about two guys in a signal control room on a railway line. Was possible that it was only a few minutes long. It would have been in the mid 90s. Anyone remember it or am I imagining it completely?

No sigh of it on IMDB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Fantastic actor. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,908 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Einhard wrote: »
    Perhaps I'm imagining this, but I seem to remember him starring in some odd little programme on a Sunday night on RTE about two guys in a signal control room on a railway line. Was possible that it was only a few minutes long. It would have been in the mid 90s. Anyone remember it or am I imagining it completely?

No sigh of it on IMDB.

Yeah, I remember that. I think it was called the Signal Box. I could be wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

All the old skool tinkers droppin off :/ **** this shït

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ah, jaysus, only saw this now!

He really was a terrific actor, even if he never really made it to the "celeb A-list" ... might have been as well off, tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Ah, jaysus, only saw this now!

Same as that.

R.I.P. Mr. O' Reilley!

• Advertisement
Advertisement