Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New tesco phone is not new !

Options
  • 12-02-2012 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I purchased a new phone in tesco today. It was in a sealed security box in the shop. When I opened it at home, the warranty seal on the box was open. After powering up the phone, there was information on the phone from a previous user (text messages, username, router settings etc.) Is it standard practice to sell returned phones as new ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sounds like a mistake happened and a returned phone got sold as new. Take it back and get them to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Ring the store straight away, the number is on the receipt, ask for the duty manager and tell them you will be in for a replacement and to have one ready for you at the customer service desk.

Get the duty managers name so you can tell them tomorrow who you were speaking to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Hi there

As posted by others above this is an error most likely with store stock.

Please return to the store with receipt for a repalcement or refund as is your preference.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

I think the least you could expect was for them to deliver a new one by courier with an apology

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

tippgaafan wrote: »
    I purchased a new phone in tesco today. It was in a sealed security box in the shop. When I opened it at home, the warranty seal on the box was open. After powering up the phone, there was information on the phone from a previous user (text messages, username, router settings etc.) Is it standard practice to sell returned phones as new ??
    It sounds like the last owner may have returned the phone as "unopened" and Tescos took their word for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

the_syco wrote: »
    It sounds like the last owner may have returned the phone as "unopened" and Tescos took their word for it.

Or that a staff member mixed up a return and new stock...they should notice if they take back an 'unopened' phone and the warranty seal is gone.

Advertisement