Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice

• 12-02-2012 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Which is better - lead shot or the normal ones. I have a belt with velcro pouches and no weights. Just wondering which to get.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭elcowboyspace

Its somewhat of a personal choice and a weigh up of pro's vs. cons I think.

The velcro pouched weight belt is definately better suited to the led shot from and fit perspective and certainly from a confort perspective. No sharp edges. However, the normal moulded blocks are more versatile in that you may find yourself in a position wher you've lost/damaged your pouched belt and have to borrow a standard one, the shot isn't going to work there. Wouldn't be the first time somebody left a piece of gear out in the shed. The blocks will work just gine with the pouched belt also... Personally I'd go with the blocks, but it's really up to yourself at the end of the day :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

Another disadvantage of the lead shot pouches is the price. It is usually a lot more expensive than regular block weights.

Another is that the pouches that the shot weight come in are usually made of a type of plastic (material experts interject here!!). This usually begins to crack or tear after a good solid season of diving and you start to leak lead shot. This is not unique to pouches, any weight belts that use shot will have this problem.

Depending on your shape and what weight you are diving with It might not be the best option to use block weights in that style of belt. The beauty of diving with block weights on a standard belt is that you can distribute your weights where you want them depending on how you dive. You are really limited with pouches to the size and position of your weights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Ronnie Beck

Went for the blocks in the end. Was cheaper to buy second hand blocks plus belt than to buy shot for the belt I had.

Advertisement