Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sega Saturn

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭raven999

$71 for the chip & Action Replay 4-1 cart delivered from Segastyle.

thanks will have a look at that, the saturns on ebay are cheap enough its the postage is a killer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

As we have said before, a 50/60 Hz switch is an aboslute must as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

And a SCART lead, lightgun and supply of cdr's.

not going to well on ebay at the moment 2 saturns i was watching shot up in price r well ill keep looking

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well the grey ones look great but I have a 29" black Sony Trinitron that I bought back when the Blanky town centre opened, when Dixons was still Harry Moores in the main mall... ah good times, anywho it's still an awesome set and well worth finding.
    You know I worked there, back then right? ( well I was in Harry's in the square but did some time in the Blanch... )

50/60Hz mod done, pain in the ass to do on this particular model though..

Looks pretty damn sweet thru the RGB scart :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

50/60Hz mod done, pain in the ass to do on this particular model though..

Looks pretty damn sweet thru the RGB scart :)

**** it, it's worth it!

is there much difference between a jap saturn and a us version

raven999 wrote: »
    is there much difference between a jap saturn and a us version

Get a 4 in 1 and there's no difference, only cosmetically. One thing to watch out for is if you get a US saturn try not to get the gamepads that came with the original system release. They are god awful especially considering the japanese and later us saturn pad revisions are the greatest gamepads ever created.

• Advertisement

have been on ebay past 2 weeks trying to get a saturn for reasonable price saturns are cheap enough just postage is a killer i missed out on a couple this week as i was in hospital

finally bought a jap saturn off ebay comes with stepdown paid £31 plus £20 p&p now have to get 4in1 action replay

finally bought a jap saturn off ebay comes with stepdown paid £31 plus £20 p&p now have to get 4in1 action replay

Good stuff, you've been looking for a while !!

4-in-1 is handy alright, although I think my one is faulty. Metal Slug throws up a RAM related BSOD :mad:

Good stuff, you've been looking for a while !!

4-in-1 is handy alright, although I think my one is faulty. Metal Slug throws up a RAM related BSOD :mad:

if theres any problems with the 4in1 cart can they be fixed most i have seen are secondhand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Great, now buy a broken PAL one & rip the psu outta them & swap. Step downs are easily done away with in the case of the Saturn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Did you win it last night? Picture of the console on a checkered table cloth, grey in colour? If its that one you out bid me :P

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Did you win it last night? Picture of the console on a checkered table cloth, grey in colour? If its that one you out bid me :P

Regret selling your one already then :D

thats the one sorry about that its taken me weeks to get one as i dont have much funds

EnterNow wrote: »
    Great, now buy a broken PAL one & rip the psu outta them & swap. Step downs are easily done away with in the case of the Saturn

ill look for a broken saturn but wont be easy getting one over here

just ordered 4 in 1 cart from segastyle for about €23 incl shipping not bad price hope it dosent take to long to arrive

Regret selling your one already then :D

Yep!
    Ah no that one was going cheap and it was a jap one. So I threw a bid on it in hope.

• Advertisement

the jap saturn i bought on ebay at weekend still hasnt been posted yet says hes still waitin on courier to collect it, might come by xmas

the jap saturn i bought on ebay at weekend still hasnt been posted yet says hes still waitin on courier to collect it, might come by xmas

Or maybe some on turned his head with the offer of more pounds for his Saturn and he is playing you along. :p

Or maybe some on turned his head with the offer of more pounds for his Saturn and he is playing you along. :p

bloody well hope not

saturn is finally on its way thank god was getting a bit worried

finally got my saturn yesterday plus 4 in 1 cart came same time console seems to be working ok have no jap games for it yet but i tried a pal demo with cart starts to work then remove cartridge comes up on screen any ideas whats wrong

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭windingo

Its always worth buying one of them! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

my 4 in 1 cart arrived to :) no Pal games to test it though

finally got my saturn yesterday plus 4 in 1 cart came same time console seems to be working ok have no jap games for it yet but i tried a pal demo with cart starts to work then remove cartridge comes up on screen any ideas whats wrong

Some games don't work with a cartridge in the slot, it's an anti-piracy measure. TBH this demo is the only game I've heard of that doesn't work with a cart in the slot other than Panzer Dragoon Saga and even that works with an action replay code.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Some games don't work with a cartridge in the slot, it's an anti-piracy measure. TBH this demo is the only game I've heard of that doesn't work with a cart in the slot other than Panzer Dragoon Saga and even that works with an action replay code.

it was the panzer dragoon saga demo i tried do i have to get a code for it to work

Yes you will, the demo is actually just the first disk of the full game. You can get the action replay code from gamefaqs, it's different for different regions. Just make a new entry for the game in the 4 in 1 and start the game with the cheat enabled and it will work perfect.

• Advertisement

Yes you will, the demo is actually just the first disk of the full game. You can get the action replay code from gamefaqs, it's different for different regions. Just make a new entry for the game in the 4 in 1 and start the game with the cheat enabled and it will work perfect.

ok thanks

i checked on gamefaqs couldnt find any codes also looked on some forums they say there are no codes for this game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

i checked on gamefaqs couldnt find any codes also looked on some forums they say there are no codes for this game

Found codes in the 1st result of a google search. If Retr0 says the demo disc is disc one of the full game, I don't see why the same code wouldn't work

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

EnterNow wrote: »
    Found codes in the 1st result of a google search. If Retr0 says the demo disc is disc one of the full game, I don't see why the same code wouldn't work

He is, after all, God, or at least a god....
    Not the Apollo/Ares kinda big bad ass, the knowledgeable little sneaky one, like Hephaestus or something... the Q of the gods, if you will...
    Actually, just double checked and aside from the limp and the grotesque features I reckon I'm spot on!

I'll find the code for you tonight when I get home.

Here's the codes you want:

http://www.thewilloftheancients.com/secrets/pds_action_replay_codes.php

Should work with the demo disc.

safetyboy wrote: »
    my 4 in 1 cart arrived to :) no Pal games to test it though

i ordered my 4 in 1 cart from sega style but on the box it has 3 in 1 does it have that on yours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

just looked there says 3 in 1 too

Here's the codes you want:

http://www.thewilloftheancients.com/secrets/pds_action_replay_codes.php

Should work with the demo disc.

thanks a million got it working, now i know saturn is working ok am now getting a grey controller cause the one i got is black and A button isnt the best heres a pic of the saturn its in good nick

RSCN0546-1.jpg

• Advertisement

the last pal saturn game deep fear going for crazy prices on ebay so i had a look at a jap copy its in english with jap subtitles for around £10 to £15 so should be able to play it i am looking to buy a few jap games to play without to much difficulty

It's not playable in English. There's alot of text in the game and it's all japanese.

It's not playable in English. There's alot of text in the game and it's all japanese.

was looking at the game on youtube its in english with jap subtitles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJay9NCtv6c

Yes it is when it is voiced but all the text you have to read to solve puzzles and find out what items you have and what they do is all in japanese. You'll either be completely lost or snuggling up to a faq to know where the hell you have to go to next. I've tried to play the jap version and gave up because of it.

Yes it is when it is voiced but all the text you have to read to solve puzzles and find out what items you have and what they do is all in japanese. You'll either be completely lost or snuggling up to a faq to know where the hell you have to go to next. I've tried to play the jap version and gave up because of it.

thanks for your input i was nearly buying this game, by looking at the youtube vid it looks playable

I thought the same as well, was told it was all subtitled but all the important text details for solving the puzzles is untranslated and I found it impossible to progress.

• Advertisement

i wont be buying the pal version unless its going cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭JoeSnow

I still get shocked sometimes seeing what the Saturn was capable of on the graphics front. Deep Fear looks excellent for the 32bit era (early no less).

JoeSnow wrote: »
    I still get shocked sometimes seeing what the Saturn was capable of on the graphics front. Deep Fear looks excellent for the 32bit era (early no less).

have been looking at some jap games like rpgs the graphics on some are excellent

It's amazing what they could achieve with the Saturn at the end of it's life in 3D but it was still way behind the PS1. Panzer Dragoon Saga is about as good as Saturn graphics get and even then it's not a patch on stuff like MGS that were released at the same time. It was a struggle to get light sourcing and transparent textures to work on the system while the PS1 had graphics hardware that allowed it to do it easily while pumping out more polygons. Only PDS and nights managed those effects, everything else is only plain textured polys with no bells and whistles. 2D looks amazing on it and some games that mixed 2D with 3D look stunning, Nights and the excellent Bulk Slash being good examples.

had a look at bulk slash looks a fun game but not cheap on ebay

• Advertisement
Advertisement