Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Very Mild for February

• 12-02-2012 11:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭

This has to be one of the mildest winters in a while, Im keep expecting an assault of snow, hail and freezing temperatures, I actually want this to happen soon so that we can get over it and look forward to spring. I remember a newspaper headline in 2005 I think where it was snowing in May in Dublin.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

February is in spring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

There was snow in March 2006, night before Paddys Day when War of Attrition won the Cheltenham Gold Cup......I remember it well even though I was locked :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

In the Met Office

*Looks out window*

Tis fair mild so it is.

Send out Jean Byrne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Daroxtar wrote: »
    February is in spring

Well yknow what I mean, its not properly over till the end of March.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Tis indeed. My dad told me there was snow in June in the 1950s when he was a child. The worst may be yet to come.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Title of the thread sounds like something a bulbous old woman would say to you on a bus to initiate conversation.

Which probably explains the raging horn I'm on....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

Sure November was the mildest on record for over a hundred years or something :eek:

I keep expecting us to get snow. But knowing how Europe got it there and we didnt? dont think it will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Well OP, you got Irish people talking about the weather.

'Can' and 'Worms' come to mind. We'll never see the end of this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Why would you go an Jinx it like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Well yknow what I mean, its not properly over till the end of March.

What's not over till the end of March?
    February?
    Winter?
    March perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

The weather can only be predicted reasonably 2 days in advance. I just want sunshine. I hate this darkness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Fierce mild.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Yeah and the whole of Europe has been thrust into sub zero temperatures for weeks, hundreds of people have died all over Europe from the freezing conditions and I can walk to the shop in my t shirt. :confused:
    It be making no much sense to me tall at all. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

it snowed on May 8th 1999, on my Brother's confirmation. There's some factomation for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

There's no justice, after last year I got my extra warm woolies, my big furry coat, polar bear hunting kit, ice pick and snowshoes, and now those bastards in Europe are having all the fun.

This, this is like a ball-warm cup of tea. Its lukewarm. Its muddy and there are flies already. I don't like it. Let there be cooolddd! *makes whuffing noise*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

Dont know what you are on op.
    Its bloody call out right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Grand stretch of an evening too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

My daffodils have started growing already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

There were two flys in my apartment recently, Saw and killed first one at the end of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Hope we get six months of snow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

phasers wrote: »
    it snowed on May 8th 1999, on my Brother's confirmation. There's some factomation for you.

Yeah, but where? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I don't even know what the hell mild is. Mild is a weak curry as far as I'm concerned.

Weather wise... t'is a bit cold, but not cold enough for hard nipples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The weather can only be predicted reasonably 2 days in advance. I just want sunshine. I hate this darkness.

I note that you posted this at 22.52 last night, when there was no sunshine and it was supposed to be dark.

You should have turned a light on, or zipped off to a different timezone.:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Grand day for dryin'

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

This has to be one of the mildest winters in a while, Im keep expecting an assault of snow, hail and freezing temperatures, I actually want this to happen soon so that we can get over it and look forward to spring. I remember a newspaper headline in 2005 I think where it was snowing in May in Dublin.

Smalltalk? On Boards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭thomasj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Aye, tis' fairly mild out, alright.

Shtill a bit chilly in da willy, though, ha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Its average weather the last two winters were freak occurrences.I can only ever remember getting 1 snow day off in 12 years of school

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

thomasj wrote: »
    It picked 1 March for simplicity's sake, choosing to slot the four seasons neatly into the 12 months... June, July and August are the summer months; September, October and November autumn, and so on.

Pif lazy journalism there, leaving us to figure out the rest. Just tell us dammit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Were you not reading some sensationalist tabloid then? A snow shower does not count as sticky snow! Ireland has always had mild winters the vast majority of the time for the last century, the last 2 were indeed freakish.
    kfallon wrote: »
    There was snow in March 2006, night before Paddys Day when War of Attrition won the Cheltenham Gold Cup......I remember it well even though I was locked :p

Snow shower doesn't count! There has been no sticky snow in Dublin between 2001 and 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

grand stretch in the evenings

Advertisement