Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TSB Faulty chip and PIN cards, Anyone else have the same problem??

• 12-02-2012 11:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭

A few months ago my newly issued Permanent TSB Visa debit card stopped working. I was in Aldi or Lidl and it was refused. My card looked perfect and the chip wasn't damaged. I thought the shops machine was broke so thought nothing of it. When i went to use my card at a petrol station the same problem occurred and when i went to get money out of a machine no luck. SO i rang TSB and explained and they asked if i had my card near my phone, which i didn't. They said it was a chip error and would issue me with a new card. That was about 6 weeks ago and now the new card i have seems to have the same problem!! It has been rejected in 2 shops over the last 2 days.

I'm wondering is it possible that a batch of new chip cards are faulty and the bank has kept it quiet? Anyone else have problems with there cards recently???
    Post edited by Jim2007 on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

So ur card isn't working so the bank are hiding something? Seriously. You must be just unlucky with the cards. Haven't had any problems with mine and I've had a few different ones. The card near phone question is something they ask as the magnet in phone interferes with the chip. Not sure how tho. I'd say you'll just have to order a new card again and hope for the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Did you activate the new card? This has to be done at an ATM or online before it can be used in a shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 polfreck

@baldbear

I'm on my 5' card now. It works for 1 month and fails again. I use the card for online only.

I've tried to explain to support that the issue is not the physical card but the authorization process. At this stage I am thinking of closing my account as they dont listen and just read the script each time without looking at the issue properly!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement