Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

start from scratch

• 13-02-2012 12:13am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

just been given a 60gb ps3 with a borked drive, gonna give fixing it a shot myself, just wondering the best way to go about wiping it, thinking of upgrading the hard drive too, given its ages is there anything to watch out for with the old gen ones?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Since it's old i'd apply some new high quality thermal paste between the chips and heat sink, dont round the screw when removing hdd and be careful with bluray drive mobo connector, it's flimbsy and can break easy

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

cheers, to get the laser repaired, whats the going rate in repair places?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,924 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Crosáidí wrote: »
    ..and be careful with bluray drive mobo connector, it's flimbsy and can break easy

Ya I broke this connector. Bluray drive doesn't work any more and can't access Internet as an update is needed for the bluray drive and can't install properly because the drive can't be read so no games at all. Very annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ya I broke this connector. Bluray drive doesn't work any more and can't access Internet as an update is needed for the bluray drive and can't install properly because the drive can't be read so no games at all. Very annoying.

the top part broke on mine,the bit that opens and closes and locks it in to place, i just used electrical tape to tape it down, holding the ribbon cable in solid

Advertisement