Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N8 replacement recommendations

Options
  • 13-02-2012 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

I 'upgraded' my N8 to Belle the other day and now hate it. Apparently it isn't possible to revert to Anna so I'm looking for a new phone. Not Nokia for this reason.

Before Belle I actually really liked my N8

The camera is important, I like the fm transmitter and the HdMI out capabilities. I don't want an iphone.

What do you guys recommend as a replacement for my ruined N8?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Try skinning Belle ( changing appearance to classic)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Am I missing something??? I upgraded mine to Belle and don't see much difference to it and Anna. Yes it'll take a day or two to get used to new layout like when sending texts etc but honestly I don't understand that you need to change your phone over it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Lumia? Its Nokia device but running Windows phone instead of Symbian.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

You'll have a hard time finding a phone with an FM transmitter and an HDMI out.

Galaxy S II supports HDMI out but does not have an FM transmitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭StaunchyDJ

mrs aol wrote: »
    I 'upgraded' my N8 to Belle the other day and now hate it. Apparently it isn't possible to revert to Anna so I'm looking for a new phone. Not Nokia for this reason.

Before Belle I actually really liked my N8

The camera is important, I like the fm transmitter and the HdMI out capabilities. I don't want an iphone.

What do you guys recommend as a replacement for my ruined N8?

I'm looking for Belle for my N8, currently stuck on Anna, I'll swap yea N8's :p:p:D Stuck to Three though...!!! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭flazio

If the camera resolution needs to stay at 12mp (can't see why though) then Sony Ericcson are bringing out a phone called the Xperia S next month in the UK. When it hits Ireland is anyones guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

There are barely any phones running Android that have a Xenon flash so you're pretty much snookered in that department.
    Apparently Nokia are announcing a successor to the N8 at Mobile World Congress but it won't be running Windows Phone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

long_b wrote: »
    There are barely any phones running Android that have a Xenon flash so you're pretty much snookered in that department.
    Apparently Nokia are announcing a successor to the N8 at Mobile World Congress but it won't be running Windows Phone :(

Really? That is a STRANGE decision!

Advertisement