Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ever had an addiction?

• 13-02-2012 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

Ever had an addiction?
    If so, to what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

Pussy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Tempted but I have conquered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

Making racist remarks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Chomp bars

Unreal remember spend £1 on 10 bars once to sooth my craving

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

the only addiction addiction ive had is to gods love, everybody sing "He's got the whole world in his hands.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

I was in denial for a long time, but then I said to myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Chocolate!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

No

**said with cigarette in one hand**

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Junior Jacon Jeese Jurger

Ever had an addiction?
    If so, to what?

Quoting posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Cigarettes and maybe coke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Alcohol, currently, but I'm ok with it as long as I can have it twice a week in large quantities,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

smoking

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Commenting on AH posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Genuinly xbox and sweaty greesey wet muff

lovin it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I'm an alcoholic at the moment and I have been addicted to heroin in the past. I still dabble with the latter but I don't consider myself an addict any longer as I can wake up in the morning and not think of it instantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

I'm an alcoholic at the moment and I have been addicted to heroin in the past. I still dabble with the latter but I don't consider myself an addict any longer as I can wake up in the morning and not think of it instantly.

Can you still 'dabble' in it and not be an addict?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Pussy, the internet and reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

drink
    medicine
    didnt like sobriety so I drink and fight the urge to get blotto all the time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

lastlaugh wrote: »
    Can you still 'dabble' in it and not be an addict?

At present I would say yes, but who knows? Probably not in reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Fapping

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Cigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Cigarettes though I'm 3 weeks off them right now. I realised that my sense of smell had returned when I was walking around in the city centre and got a nice fresh lung full of cooked chip fat. Its great to be alive :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

to a boy. when i was in college, when i look back, about 7 months , my life almost revolved around him, he near enough knew this and totally took advantage ,with college work etc. he had a girlf but i was obsessed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Cigs and previously weed/hash, still think about getting stoned all the time and have barely smoked in 2 years, it annoys me when people keep saying it is in no way addictive, I think it is, although not as addictive as cigs for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

a Wa*k addiction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

I'm totally addicted to bass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Drink smokes , rock n roll music , internet , tribalwars .
    If there is something to get addicted to I get addicted to it , Im one of them , Im too ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well stupid I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Toblerones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

I'm totally addicted to bass.
    BOOOM BOOOM BOOOM Wah-ow Wah-ow

I wouldnt say i was addicted to weed, but i used to smoke it nearly every day for no real reason, stopped doing that a while ago, used to go mad on the beer too every night of the week, not so much now.
    If i could just give up this Boards / Facebook addiction, i'd be laughing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I've been in alcohol and drug recover for the past year and gave up cigarettes a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Cigs and previously weed/hash, still think about getting stoned all the time and have barely smoked in 2 years, it annoys me when people keep saying it is in no way addictive, I think it is, although not as addictive as cigs for some reason.

It's not physically addictive but it mentally, like gambling. Where as cigarettes can be both physically and mentally addictive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Exactly. I have no desire to smoke anymore, but my body certainly does a few times a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Aoifey! wrote: »
    It's not physically addictive but it mentally, like gambling. Where as cigarettes can be both physically and mentally addictive.

Yeah that's probably why I've kicked one but not the other so far.
    It just annoys me so much, and I read it A LOT here on boards but couldn't be bothered getting involved, people who are pro legalising weed constantly saying it's not addictive as if it's fact, I'm pro decriminalising it just to say, I'm not getting into an internet debate about legalising weed.

All I know is that it is addictive.

I'm going to preempt some fuckwits response to me trying to say it's not addictive blah blah blah...
    Historically, addiction has been defined as physical and/or psychological dependence on psychoactive substances (for example alcohol, tobacco, heroin, caffeine and other drugs) which cross the blood-brain barrier once ingested, temporarily altering the chemical milieu of the brain. Broadly, addiction is defined as the continued use of a mood altering addictive substance or behaviours despite adverse consequences. Some defining characteristics of addiction include impaired control over the substance/behaviour, preoccupation with the substance/behaviour, continued use despite consequences, and denial.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Gambling on Golf/Horse Racing
    Call of Duty
    Alcohol
    Drugs

In that order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Alcohol, currently, but I'm ok with it as long as I can have it twice a week in large quantities,

I'm ****ed so. :pac:

I suppose it depends on the substance. If one were to start doing something regularly and then a few days in a row it's probably sensible to worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭stek

Hash for a year a while back, Smokes, still smoking, xbox- Call of duty online, online gambling lost a grand one evening so blocked my account. Drink at the moment..

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

stek wrote: »
    Hash for a year a while back, Smokes, still smoking, xbox- Call of duty online, online gambling lost a grand one evening so blocked my account. Drink at the moment..

wanna be friends?

and there's a picture of a bee !

dave3004 - bossing MW2 since 2007

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Tobacco.

An argument could be made for alcohol but I find denial is effective enough to combat that addiction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Boards! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Alcohol & a heck of a lot of drugs. Off them since June 1998. They very nearly killed me so quite a wise decision :D:D

At the moment - smoking. I was off them nearly 7 years but back on them again. I don't really mind as I will give them up again but not in the next 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Oxegen
    Alcohol
    Tobacco
    Sex

And that's it for the moment, I did have quite a few more..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Toblerones.

Alan??? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Probably sugar in its many forms at some stage. The insulin roller coaster is a harsh ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Telling OTT Jokes :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

crack cocaine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

Football manager :(

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

Tea, so I suppose caffeine. I only started drinking it when I was 18 but now I just love it so much. Any time I'm writing essay I have to have a big thermos of it and sip away throughout, makes a lot of things bearable! Can't drink it after eight or so in the evening though, otherwise I can't sleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

I love the smell of napalm in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Jane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstacy n alcohol

• Advertisement
Advertisement