Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Beauty Must-Haves

• 13-02-2012 12:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭

I'm always curious to know what my friends must-haves are as we like to share product knowledge/reviews etc...

My current must haves are:-

- Make Up Forevers Primer Shade 0
    - MAC Prep & Prime Translucent Pressed Powder
    - MooGoos Milk Shampoo
    - Vichy Aqualia Thermal 24hr Hydrating Serum
    - Vichy Normaderm Active Anti-Imperfection Concentrate
    - Vichy Aqua Water Spray
    - Beauty Blender
    Any TopShop/Barry M nail polish shades that I currently love!

I think thats about it for now! Im inbetween foundations at the moment so I havent got a must have one for now!

So, what are your must-haves? :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

- Laura Mercier Primer
    - Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation
    - Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place concealer
    - Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream
    - Nu Nale cream
    - Smashbox Brow Tech
    - Castor oil
    - Extra virgin olive oil
    - Mane'n'Tail conditioner/texturiser
    - Coconut oil
    - Palmer's Cocoa Butter Skin Smoothing Lotion
    - Essence Gel Eyeliner
    - Catrice Precision Lip Liner

Once I have these, I'm happy...but it's more than I thought :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

- Laura Mercier Primer
    - Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation
    - Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place concealer
    - Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream
    - Nu Nale cream
    - Smashbox Brow Tech
    - Castor oil
    - Extra virgin olive oil
    - Mane'n'Tail conditioner/texturiser
    - Coconut oil
    - Palmer's Cocoa Butter Skin Smoothing Lotion
    - Essence Gel Eyeliner
    - Catrice Precision Lip Liner

Once I have these, I'm happy...but it's more than I thought :o

Do you mind me asking what you use the different oils for?? :)

Do you mind me asking what you use the different oils for?? :)

Haa, no, not at all. I use the coconut oil for more or less everything - as hair serum, as moisturiser, lip balm, cuticle cream, the list goes on...anywhere I have dry skin, I use it. Some people use it in coffee and as lube too, but not me :P

As for the castor and olive oil, I started using the oil cleansing method (OCM) a couple of weeks ago and that's it. Working great so far, I'm delighted with the results. I oil pull with the olive oil too, but that's a very recent thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Robyn_14

I'm always curious to know what my friends must-haves are as we like to share product knowledge/reviews etc...

My current must haves are:-

- Make Up Forevers Primer Shade 0
    - MAC Prep & Prime Translucent Pressed Powder
    - MooGoos Milk Shampoo
    - Vichy Aqualia Thermal 24hr Hydrating Serum
    - Vichy Normaderm Active Anti-Imperfection Concentrate
    - Vichy Aqua Water Spray
    - Beauty Blender
    Any TopShop/Barry M nail polish shades that I currently love!

I think thats about it for now! Im inbetween foundations at the moment so I havent got a must have one for now!

So, what are your must-haves? :-)
    Hi there, what do you use the Vichy Aqua Water Spray for? I am looking for a thinner for my Make Up Forever HD foundation, is this what this is?Thanks!:)

It's just a form of hydrating my skin! You want to thin your HD foundation, why is this? I use that foundation as well but love it the way it is as it's a full coverage foundation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

One thing I can't live without is my Carmex lip salve. I wear it from first thing in the morning, throughout the day under lipstick and last thing at night. It is very, very good at keeping my lips chap free! I can quite easily suffer from dry lips, but using this has stopped that completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Haa, no, not at all. I use the coconut oil for more or less everything - as hair serum, as moisturiser, lip balm, cuticle cream, the list goes on...anywhere I have dry skin, I use it. Some people use it in coffee and as lube too, but not me :P

+1 for the coconut oil, I love the stuff,

It's such a multipurpose product, I suffered a really bad reaction to a pair of shoes before, nothing helped at all except the coconut oil. It's brilliant for baby nappy rash too because it's anti fungal and anti bacterial.

It's also brilliant for putting in your hair before bleach, you leave it for a few hours and put the bleach over it, it protects it from damage but doesn't stop the bleach working in anyway.

I also melt it every day with some dark chocolate, coconut oil is brilliant because it boosts your immune system and metabolism and the dark chocolate is full of antioxidants.

I never heard of it being used as a lube befrore but I suppose it makes sense, it can be used for everything else :)

I don't really like it on my face though, doesn't do much for me, I've started to use grapeseed oil on my face and I really like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

For me, Max Factor Masterpiece. I can go very happily without makeup some days as long as I have my eyes looking good.

Tayla wrote: »
    +1 for the coconut oil, I love the stuff,

It's such a multipurpose product, I suffered a really bad reaction to a pair of shoes before, nothing helped at all except the coconut oil. It's brilliant for baby nappy rash too because it's anti fungal and anti bacterial.

It's also brilliant for putting in your hair before bleach, you leave it for a few hours and put the bleach over it, it protects it from damage but doesn't stop the bleach working in anyway.

I also melt it every day with some dark chocolate, coconut oil is brilliant because it boosts your immune system and metabolism and the dark chocolate is full of antioxidants.

I never heard of it being used as a lube befrore but I suppose it makes sense, it can be used for everything else :)

I don't really like it on my face though, doesn't do much for me, I've started to use grapeseed oil on my face and I really like it.

Grapeseed oil sounds interesting! Do you follow the OCM or just use it as a facial oil alone? I'm using EVOO but am open to change, even if just for the smell of it alone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Carmex lip balm.
    UD Naked Palette. Pretty much never use any other eye shadows.
    Topshop lipstick in Rio Rio.
    Cetaphil moisturiser.

Those are things I'd continuously replace and not wanna try out alternatives. I chop and change things like shampoo/conditioner, my mascara etc., all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

liz Earle mueslin cloths
    Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream
    Nivea Q10 day moisturiser
    Maybelleine gel liner

I am loving a few products at the moment but these all have pretty much changed my life, and I've had them for ages!

oh and elnet and sudacream too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

muslin cloths for cleansing - started using these with the infamous boots hot cloth cleanser and now that that has run I still use the cloths.

Boots cucumber makeup wipes - these are 2 for 1 usually. Very handy for quick makeup removal before cleansing and to use to wipe makeup off my hands after applying.

Lip balm of some sort - I prefer the ones in tubes like labello.

I could do without foundation if I had concealer and a powder.

Some kind of mascara - currently sampling clinique curling one.

Blush - maybelline dream touch. Lovely cream one.

Shadow - have to say UD naked just cos you can do so much with it.

Have to say though, while I've mentioned some brands here, it's more the type of product that I find to be a must have. I like to try out new things. Generally speaking will only have one mascara/foundation/powder at once and use it til it's gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

Coconut Oil - is that solid in a container or a liquid in a tube?
    I have a solid cos mom told me it great but I was stuck with but i found it too greasy even though i have combination/sensitive skin.

How do I use it on my hair do I just melt it and rub it in i worry about making my hiar greasy.
    Any other tips welcome :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

liz Earle mueslin cloths
    Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream
    Nivea Q10 day moisturiser
    Maybelleine gel liner

I am loving a few products at the moment but these all have pretty much changed my life, and I've had them for ages!

oh and elnet and sudacream too

Do you know where I can buy the Liz Earle cloths without the cleanser?

I have a solid cos mom told me it great but I was stuck with but i found it too greasy even though i have combination/sensitive skin.

How do I use it on my hair do I just melt it and rub it in i worry about making my hiar greasy.

Solid - I believe it's always solid at room temperature.

On your hair...well, this is what I do, everyone's different. If I'm using it as serum, I take the tiniest bit - literally tiny, maybe a quarter of my little fingernail - and warm it up by rubbing my hands together, then use it on the ends and any flyaway bits.

For more intensive conditioning, I scoop a glob out, and put loads on. I don't hold back :) Don't worry about it making your hair greasy - you're going to wash it out. I leave it on for an hour or so, or sit in the bath with it, then wash it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

I type this as I'm looking at a load of products used to remove my face every evening, sitting on my coffee table...

Right so, here goes

-Nivea cleanser - adore the smell of all things Nivea, I use their body lotion too
    -Botanics eye make up remover (tried loads but I find this the best)
    -Youth Code night cream
    -Eye cream
    -Ambre solaire tan - get loads of compliments on this as it's very natural looking

As for the make up bag staples, it's

Armani foundation
    Laura Mercier primer
    MAC mineraliser
    UD concealer
    UD Naked Palette

For the other general items in the make up bag (bronzer, blusher, eyeliner and mascara) I've no allegance to them and tend to get what's on offer in Boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

aristocat wrote: »
    Do you know where I can buy the Liz Earle cloths without the cleanser?

you can order them on the website http://ie.lizearle.com/books-and-accessories/pure-muslin-cloths.html

they might sell them individually in Wilde and greene Miltown, ill have a look next time I'm there if I remember!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

UD Naked Palette/Book of Shadows #1
    Maybelline gel eyeliner
    Inglot black eyeshadow (for over the liner)
    Lipcote
    Current lipstick must-have: MAC Speak Louder
    Garnier Fresh Essentials moisturiser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Grapeseed oil sounds interesting! Do you follow the OCM or just use it as a facial oil alone? I'm using EVOO but am open to change, even if just for the smell of it alone...

I just use it as a facial oil, I've never tried OCM, do you do that every day or is it just a couple of times a week?

I mentioned earlier it can be used before bleach but it can be used before any hair colour, not juse bleach, melt a cup of it and saturate your hair with the oil for at least a couple of hours.

If i'm using it as a treatment I do the same but you have to rinse really really well and I would skip the conditioner after you shampoo.

Tayla wrote: »
    I just use it as a facial oil, I've never tried OCM, do you do that every day or is it just a couple of times a week?

If i'm using it as a treatment I do the same but you have to rinse really really well and I would skip the conditioner after you shampoo.

I do it every day. It's a bit time consuming but I'm loving it so far. Might try grapeseed oil though...the olive oil was just handier to pick up in Lidl :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

Murad oil control lotion
    Urban decay de slick spray
    Chanel Vitalumiere aqua foundation
    Mac msfn Powder
    Benefit hoola bronzer
    Dior amber diamond
    Mac patina eyeshadow
    cover girl lash blast

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

UD Eyeshadow primer.
    Maybeline 24hr gel liner.
    MAC studio sculpt.
    MAC skinfinish(es) :D
    MAC Dazzleglass
    Carmex
    ELF brow kit
    ELF studio blusher (Berry Merry)
    YSL Faux Cils
    Benetint
    MAC mega metal shadow in Prance.
    ELF Studio primer.

Skinwise:
    Iseree 2Hr day moisturiser (Lidl)
    No.7 Hot cloth cleanser
    Boots Vit E cream or oil for night time if my skin needs it.
    No.7 Eye make-up remover.
    Loreal derma genesis pore minimising serum
    Origins Make a difference toner.

Such a long list! Oh and I swear by Ardell and Penneys falsh lashes but use Duo glue with them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Is coconut oil not greasy? I could imagine that being hard to rinse out of your hair if you used it as a serum? :confused:

xzanti wrote: »
    Is coconut oil not greasy? I could imagine that being hard to rinse out of your hair if you used it as a serum? :confused:

It is oily, yeah. It's a bit like using any serum though, you just use a tiny amount. And washing it out is grand...I always shampoo my hair twice anyway, so I don't gave any problems with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Where can I buy this famous coconut oil? Do you have to ask for it at the pharmacy counter?

My must haves/things I re-purchase are Estée Lauder double wear light foundation, Clinique take the day off make up remover, MAC eyeshadows, blistex lip balm and bumble and bumble dry shampoo (used to cover grey roots). Oh and the Aldi face creams when I can't afford more expensive ones.

sunnyside wrote: »
    Where can I buy this famous coconut oil? Do you have to ask for it at the pharmacy counter?

My must haves/things I re-purchase are Estée Lauder double wear light foundation, Clinique take the day off make up remover, MAC eyeshadows, blistex lip balm and bumble and bumble dry shampoo (used to cover grey roots). Oh and the Aldi face creams when I can't afford more expensive ones.

I tried the Aldi face creams before, one was 2.99 in a pump action sort of yoke and was pretty nice...then I dropped it down the loo :o

Coconut oil you can get in Boots (I found it on the bottom shelf, can't remember which branch it was in though - I think I got it near Vosene or aqueous cream or setting lotion...stuff nobody seems to use) so presumably in the chemist too, but probably not at the counter. Or you can get it in health food shops. Maybe some Asian supermarkets too, but I'm not sure about that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

What's Thisbgrey covering dry shampoo you speak of? :)

Misticles wrote: »

I think it's probably this one - sunnyside?:

http://www.bumbleandbumble.com/product/72/179/Products/Styling/Specialty/brown-hair-powder/index.tmpl

I'm curious too though, never tried it but always wondered about it...

Misticles wrote: »

I think it's probably this one - sunnyside?:

http://www.bumbleandbumble.com/product/72/179/Products/Styling/Specialty/brown-hair-powder/index.tmpl

I'm curious too though, never tried it but always wondered about it...

Yes that's the one. Brilliant stuff. I don't use it as dry shampoo, at €40 a bottle I'm not sure who would but it is VERY pigmented and really does cover the grey. Extra marks for being easy to use, just spray on like deodorant.
    Washes out so doesn't interfere with any salon colour or hi-lites. Actually I've always thought it would be rubbish as a dry shampoo because it's kind of dirty. When you wash it out the water will be filthy. It's supposed to revive colour or something but it really is a lifesaver for grey roots.

• Advertisement

Yes that's the one. Brilliant stuff. I don't use it as dry shampoo, at €40 a bottle I'm not sure who would but it is VERY pigmented and really does cover the grey. Extra marks for being easy to use, just spray on like deodorant.
    Washes out so doesn't interfere with any salon colour or hi-lites. Actually I've always thought it would be rubbish as a dry shampoo because it's kind of dirty. When you wash it out the water will be filthy. It's supposed to revive colour or something but it really is a lifesaver for grey roots.

Excellent, thanks! Does it wash out easily the next time you wash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

I have a couple of things that I just couldn't live without, I never let myself run dry on them :o

Aveeno face cream- its lovely and moisturising but doesn't leave that horrible greasy film on your face, and it doesn't clog my pores.

Benefit Coralista Blush - It suits my skin tone lovely and it goes on very evenly

Rimmel fix and perfect primer - Really helps my foundation stay put

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

For hair I love Salt Spray. Have used Label M, Toni & Guy and Umberto Gianani, all great. Generally I buy whichever one is on 3 for 2 and stock up :D

On the face, I'm a huge Caramex fan. I don't like lip balms that are too sweet so this is perfect.

Mac Fluidline in Blacktrack is my favourite eyeliner. Have tried Rimmel etc liquid liners but they made my eyes sting. The Mac just goes on so easily and doesn't budge. Have also tried the navy shade, and would like to try the brown.

Mac brush 187 for foundation. Great for quick, even and non-caked application. Can do light day time, or heavier for night time.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturiser is my favourite moisturiser. It's light, unscented, and keeps my dry forehead in check.

I also love Silcock's Base or Aqueous Cream. They come in a massive tub for under a fiver. Great as a body and face moisturiser as well as cleanser/bodywash.

Excellent, thanks! Does it wash out easily the next time you wash?[/Quote]

Ya washes out no problem and doesn't stain pillows or sheets. Just be careful when you are spraying it so you don't accidentally spray it on your clothes.

I used to order it cheaper online but airline restrictions have stopped lots of sites from posting aerosols.

I'm off to look for coconut oil tomorrow!

Excellent, thanks! Does it wash out easily the next time you wash?

Ya washes out no problem and doesn't stain pillows or sheets. Just be careful when you are spraying it so you don't accidentally spray it on your clothes.

I used to order it cheaper online but airline restrictions have stopped lots of sites from posting aerosols.

I'm off to look for coconut oil tomorrow![/QUOTE]

Make sure you let us know how you get on with it :)

Twee. wrote: »
    For hair I love Salt Spray. Have used Label M, Toni & Guy and Umberto Gianani, all great. Generally I buy whichever one is on 3 for 2 and stock up :D

On the face, I'm a huge Caramex fan. I don't like lip balms that are too sweet so this is perfect.

Mac Fluidline in Blacktrack is my favourite eyeliner. Have tried Rimmel etc liquid liners but they made my eyes sting. The Mac just goes on so easily and doesn't budge. Have also tried the navy shade, and would like to try the brown.

Mac brush 187 for foundation. Great for quick, even and non-caked application. Can do light day time, or heavier for night time.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturiser is my favourite moisturiser. It's light, unscented, and keeps my dry forehead in check.

I also love Silcock's Base or Aqueous Cream. They come in a massive tub for under a fiver. Great as a body and face moisturiser as well as cleanser/bodywash.

+ 1 for Silcocks Base and Sea Salt Spray...love them both :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

Diors one essential serum- keeps my skin really clear and hydrated. Can't live without this

La roche posay water cleanser-so handy for when i'm too lazy to cleanse properly

Dior lash serum-has really helped my lashes grow better and when i use it underneath mascara it really gives a WOW effect

Carmex lip balm-lifesaver

I have about 20 foundations, but i'm always going back to dior forever, its always been my hg.

Make up forever matte eyeshadows are amazing too, but i don't have any one must have eye shadow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Staples:

Monu Recovery Balm - this has change my skin, and my LIFE. It's soothing and I have no redness, oily/dry bits since I started using it. HG!
    Garnier BB cream, though not when I'm at work, cos it makes my skin oily and I detest this
    Benefit Thrrob blusher (pink) natural for day time
    Eyeko skinny eyeliner in powder pink, for my waterline, to wake up my eyes
    Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm pot, a present, a lifesaver!
    Noveau lashes mascara

Have to mention UD Naked Palette... without which, life would not be worth living :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sallyr

Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Pallette without a doubt :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Don't really have any "must haves". Could live fine without make-up/beauty products :pac:

But what I usually have is:

Some kinda moisturiser. Usually use Clinique Moisture Surge Gel...which is not really a moisturiser...but anything does the job really.

Foundation. I use Clinique Anti-Blemish something or other. In the lightest colour.

And mascara. Anything really. Don't always wear mascara, not wearing it today. Didn't yesterday either. But I look a bit dead without it because my eyelashes are very blonde.

Oh and sun-cream. And lip-balm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Solid - I believe it's always solid at room temperature.

I've been using coconut oil for a week or so mostly on my feet and elbows-basically this is where my skin is the driest and I love it.

I also use it as a hair treatment, its so solid and I read somewhere to put it in the microwave for 30seconds or so too soften it and this is what I've been doing and it works great. I leave it in for two or three hours with a shower cap on-attractive I know!! And for the last fifteen minutes with the shower cap on I blast my hair with the hair dryer and the heat really helps. The article I read said doing this is like sitting under the dryer in a hair dressers. My hair is uber soft and shiny now (not in the greasy way!).

Superdrug do their own brand of coconut oil for about 3euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 aod113

the lee stafford argan oil is super for hair too.... Not as reasonably priced as coconut oil though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

aod113 wrote: »
    the lee stafford argan oil is super for hair too.... Not as reasonably priced as coconut oil though

I cant say Im a fan, Ive tried the lee stafford stuff before and its not all its cracked up to be. I love the Moroccan argon oil in the blue bottle..smells lovely too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Over the years I've spent a small fortune on hair conditoners. I've used every type going from the very expensive salon brands to the boots cheap brands.

The one product I always come back to is the Aussie 3 minute miracle, never fails to leave my hair super shiney and soft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

mine would be be;
    -shu umeura cleansing oil
    -dermalogica daily microfoliant
    -rose water as a toner
    -cetaphil moisturiser
    - the body shop elderflower eye gel
    - good ol sudocream
    - lanolips lipbalm
    - ccoconut oil for a hair treatment
    - moroccon oil (could not live without

i rarely use makeup but when i do i always use my urban decay naked palate, Laura mercies primer and secret camouflage concealer. ysl touche eclat, benefit high beam, any masala or lipstick and sisylea foundation

my desert island must have would be sudocream!! :-)

and bastise dry shampoo:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Daisy78

My two desert island products...

1. Moroccan Oil (its literally changed the texture of my previously dry static hair to silk:)).
    2. Estee Lauder tinted moisturiser within inbuilt SPF.

Id sacrafice al other products for just those two however..............

If I was allowed a few indulgent products......

3. Benefit's benetint, used sparingly it gives a lovely natural flush on your cheeks and lips.

4. Body Shop Moringa Body Butter (a real treat)

and if im very flush........Origins Gloomaway Pineaple scented body cream and spray.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭belinda502

I found this old tread when I was trying to find out about Aldi face cream which in some reviews seems to be coming out very well and is very cheap at under €4.00.
    I bought the Lacura Restorative Night Cream and was disappointed. It's very very thick and so is hard to apply and is extremely perfumed. My skin felt quite itchy after putting it one and after two day's use my skin felt like cardboard.

I've used Olay Total Effects for years and was beginning to find it too expensive - that's why I tried Aldi but have to say I'll be sticking with Olay from now on. A lot of people say to me that I've got nice skin so maybe Olay has something to do with it. The most important thing about the Olay day cream is that it has a SPF 15 but it's very easy to apply and just glides over the skin without leaving a residue. They also do an eye gel which is very soothing if you suffer from itchy or sore eyes.

As this tread is beauty must haves I would add that I've found Make-Up Forever's concealer the best I've ever tried - it's brilliant for concealing dark circles and skin furrows like nose to mouth lines. I don't use foundation anymore now. I just team the concealer with Yves Saint Laurent's Touche-éclat and it gives my skin a natural look. A make up artist told me that Touche Eclat is a highlighter so if you put it under the eyes it will actually highlight the dark circles not reduce them so now I just it to on my brow bones, cheek bones and forehead and on the bottom of my chin. Another good tip someone gave me is to draw it around your mouth so it makes your mouth look bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

-Vaseline
    -EVOO
    -Bobbi Brown Corrector
    -Cetaphil cleanser

I have other stuff that I can't live without. But the above are the things I have repurchased in the past and thus stood the test of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

belinda502 wrote: »

I've used Olay Total Effects for years and was beginning to find it too expensive - that's why I tried Aldi but have to say I'll be sticking with Olay from now on. A lot of people say to me that I've got nice skin so maybe Olay has something to do with it. The most important thing about the Olay day cream is that it has a SPF 15 but it's very easy to apply and just glides over the skin without leaving a residue. They also do an eye gel which is very soothing if you suffer from itchy or sore eyes.
    Dealz have a load of Olay total effects in for €10 at the moment - I'm not sure if that's much of a saving but Dealz are normally very good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Vaseline - l use rosy lips (pink container) nice taste & smell also gives a nice gloss & color to my lips so no need for lipgoss! €1.25 in pennys

Olay complete care everday sunshine - SPF 15 - gives me a great color, lm often told my face has a nice tan :D €6-€8 in Boots

Mitchum Advanced control (ya gotta have some deodrant :P) between €4-€6 in Tesco

Mavala Créme-mains - hand cream (love the smell & non greasy) got as a pressie :)

L'oréal Elvive Smooth Intense anit-frizz shampoo around the €7 mark...

L'oréal Kérastase Nutritive Lait Vital :? - €22.50 a bottle in peter marks, pricey - well worth it! only need to use a teaspoon once/twice a week so lasts a long time - it lessens the frizz ball & makes my hair really smooth & shiny. plus the smell it devine :D

and thats me ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

-Vaseline
    -EVOO
    -Bobbi Brown Corrector
    -Cetaphil cleanser

I have other stuff that I can't live without. But the above are the things I have repurchased in the past and thus stood the test of time.

Do you use EVOO for your skin? l did before found too greasy couldn't manage it

• Advertisement
Advertisement