Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Beauty Must-Haves

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

Clarins foaming cleanser with cottonseed-foamy, creamy and doesn't tighten skin.
    Redness reducing eye drops
    Mabelleine the falsies flared mascara
    Naked 1&2 palettes
    Brow powder-any

Purple shampoo for blonde hair

All couldn't live without!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Do you use EVOO for your skin? l did before found too greasy couldn't manage it

I use it regularly for my hair and sometimes for my body. I tried it on my face but it didn't agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I use it regularly for my hair and sometimes for my body. I tried it on my face but it didn't agree.

do you rub it into the roots or just the ends?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭belinda502

phasers wrote: »
    Dealz have a load of Olay total effects in for €10 at the moment - I'm not sure if that's much of a saving but Dealz are normally very good value.

Hi,
    Thanks for the tip - I'll check it out. Total Effects day cream can cost up to 20 euros or more. I normally wait until the discount deals in Boots but I'll check this one out. 10euro would be a huge saving

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Must say i would not be able to live without my clarisonic now and clinique laser focus eye cream

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

phasers wrote: »
    Dealz have a load of Olay total effects in for €10 at the moment - I'm not sure if that's much of a saving but Dealz are normally very good value.

Be very careful if you're buying discount Olay products.. I bought a Total Effects product on the cheap a few years ago and I ended up with chronic dermatitis which was an absolute nightmare to get rid of :(

I'm not saying that the above mentioned store sells counterfeit products or anything like that.. but just be absolutely sure that your creams are the genuine article before use.. you'll probably be able to tell by the smell anyway..

I only used that cream once and that was all it took :o not nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

do you rub it into the roots or just the ends?

Usually, just on the ends. I do it almost every time I shampoo my hair (as a pre shampoo treatment). But my ends are very very dry due to bleaching. And I always heat it a little bit in the microwave. Rarely, when I want to pamper myself, I apply it from roots to tips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Usually, just on the ends. I do it almost every time I shampoo my hair (as a pre shampoo treatment). But my ends are very very dry due to bleaching. And I always heat it a little bit in the microwave. Rarely, when I want to pamper myself, I apply it from roots to tips.

Gonna give it a try, my roots can be v dry too...thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

I have sooo many but here goes ;)

SUDOCREME!!
    Aqueous Cream
    Cetaphil Cleanser
    Aussie 3 Minute Miracle

Max Factor False Lash Effect
    Rimmel 60second nail varnish in any shade (used to be a heour for the OPI but it chips so quickly. Currently on my 6th day of Rimmel and its as good as new!)
    Benefit High Beam OR Smashbox In Bloom
    Penney's Eyeliner (shut the door its the best eyeliner i've used in years... stays on all night AND its only E1.50!!!)
    MAC Mineral Foundation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Has anybody ever used Redken shampoos? I ordered two from feelunique.com the other day as they are meant to be really good and they are cheaper on feelunique.com. Would be interested to hear how others found their range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Smashbox Photofinish Primer
    Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner
    Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact
    Bobbi Brown BB Cream
    Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners
    Burt's Bees Lip Balm
    Lush Lip Scrub in Mint Julep
    Dermalogica Precleanse, Moisturisers & Daily Microfoliant
    Rosewater

I've never found a mascara that I really love. I wear loads of different eyeshadows but mainly UD Naked pallets and MAC. I'm not much of a lipstick wearer although I would like to find one that I could wear from day to night, a classic red or pink. I would wear different lip glosses and tinted balms a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

leahyl wrote: »
    Has anybody ever used Redken shampoos? I ordered two from feelunique.com the other day as they are meant to be really good and they are cheaper on feelunique.com. Would be interested to hear how others found their range.

I used one before something soft , cant remember the name but i found it very good. My fav shampoo and conditioner would be moroccan oil ones. Very expensive but i only use them for special occasions. The redken anti snap is very good too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Alainn Beauty MUA

UD naked 1
    EL double wear
    Sleek face form
    Artdeco 1 in one mascara
    beauty blender

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ella1991

so many :)

- Mac studio fix compact nc35
    - Sally Hanson
    - Big beautiful eyes - Benefit
    - Naked 2 - Urban Decay
    - Mac lipstick
    - Garnier Cleanser and Toner
    - Sudocreme
    - Mac foundation and eyebrow brush (truly amazing)
    - Mac blusher - Gingerly
    - Rose Water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Ella1991 wrote: »
    so many :)

- Mac studio fix compact nc35
    - Sally Hanson
    - Big beautiful eyes - Benefit
    - Naked 2 - Urban Decay
    - Mac lipstick
    - Garnier Cleanser and Toner
    - Sudocreme
    - Mac foundation and eyebrow brush (truly amazing)
    - Mac blusher - Gingerly
    - Rose Water

What's this shade like? My favourite blusher ever was an Avon one called Earthen Rose, but it was discontinued.:( It was a pure peach colour, but not a bright peach, more dark and natural looking. I currently use Sleek Suede which I really like, but it doesn't lift my face or bring out my eyes the way the Avon one did.

When I went to Mac I ended up buying a different peach shade to the one above, but when I tried to wear it I found it far too bright and not understated enough.

Ended up going on a rant there:o But I'd really appreciate the feedback!

To be somewhat on topic, I have a lot of products that I can't live without, since I had so much trouble with acne and the hyperpigmentation it left behind, I'm very fussy with a lot of products!
    • Foundation - Revlon Colourstay in Buff
    • Concealer - Benefit Boi-ing. I find this brilliant for blemishes, but I don't love it under my eyes, any recommendations?
    • Powder - Rimmel Stay Matte. Best powder I've ever used, doesn't look cakey, keeps my make-up intact, so cheap!
    • Blush - used to be Avon Earthen Rose:(
    • Primer - I've switched between Benefit Porefessional and Smashbox Photofinish Light, need to re-buy one or the other, not sure which I'll go for!
    • The only mascara I have ever re-bought is Loreal Volume Million Lashes, everything else I've tried doesn't come close!
    • La Roche Posay suncream - wear this every day under my make-up regardless of the weather. Absolute essential.
    • All the cleansing/toning products I use are La Roche Posay actually, I'd be lost without them! Pricey enough, but they're so good for my skin, and my skin is temperamental.:P
    • My Sigma foundation brushes have completely changed the application of my make-up. So cheap, and brilliant quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

_meehan_ wrote: »
    • Concealer - Benefit Boi-ing. I find this brilliant for blemishes, but I don't love it under my eyes, any recommendations?

I have the bare escentuals concealer and find it great!

_meehan_ wrote: »
    What's this shade like? My favourite blusher ever was an Avon one called Earthen Rose, but it was discontinued.:( It was a pure peach colour, but not a bright peach, more dark and natural looking. I currently use Sleek Suede which I really like, but it doesn't lift my face or bring out my eyes the way the Avon one did.

When I went to Mac I ended up buying a different peach shade to the one above, but when I tried to wear it I found it far too bright and not understated enough.

Ended up going on a rant there:o But I'd really appreciate the feedback!

To be somewhat on topic, I have a lot of products that I can't live without, since I had so much trouble with acne and the hyperpigmentation it left behind, I'm very fussy with a lot of products!
    • Foundation - Revlon Colourstay in Buff
    • Powder - Rimmel Stay Matte. Best powder I've ever used, doesn't look cakey, keeps my make-up intact, so cheap!
    • Blush - used to be Avon Earthen Rose:(
    • Primer - I've switched between Benefit Porefessional and Smashbox Photofinish Light, need to re-buy one or the other, not sure which I'll go for!
    • The only mascara I have ever re-bought is Loreal Volume Million Lashes, everything else I've tried doesn't come close!
    • La Roche Posay suncream - wear this every day under my make-up regardless of the weather. Absolute essential.
    • All the cleansing/toning products I use are La Roche Posay actually, I'd be lost without them! Pricey enough, but they're so good for my skin, and my skin is temperamental.:P
    • My Sigma foundation brushes have completely changed the application of my make-up. So cheap, and brilliant quality.

Heya :) Gingerly is a peachy colour ... i really like it... Mac have a few peachy colours..i like this one because it looks nice during the day and at night time.. I put on very little for day make- up. Hope this helps?
    Ughh..i hate when they dis continue make - up..

I must try that mascara..i have short eye - lashes and never find a mascara that will do them justice :( haha... Always end up wearing fake eyelashes ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Ella1991 wrote: »
    Heya :) Gingerly is a peachy colour ... i really like it... Mac have a few peachy colours..i like this one because it looks nice during the day and at night time.. I put on very little for day make- up. Hope this helps?
    Ughh..i hate when they dis continue make - up..

I must try that mascara..i have short eye - lashes and never find a mascara that will do them justice :( haha... Always end up wearing fake eyelashes ...

Thanks!:) You should definitely try the mascara, I know everyone has different opinions on mascaras but there's no harm in trying it out! I've thick eyelashes so I always go for mascaras that are good for length, so it might work for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Holly13

Lancôme genefique serum (instantly look at least three years younger)
    Lancôme hypnose mascara (can't leave the house without applying it)
    Benetint
    EA 8hour cream for lips and eyebrows
    Batiste dry shampoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Love this thread! So good seeing what everyone else swears by!!

Cleanser- No 7 hot cloth cleanser with Sigma clean and polish brush (like a clarisonic)

Moisturiser- I'm not using anything specific at the moment, looking into la Roche posay one. Any recommendations for one for super dry skin greatly appreciated!

Eye cream- Nivea Q10

Serum- dermologica serum booster

Face exfoliater- clean and clear morning fresh (only use it once a week)

Brushes- real techniques (highly recommend these)

Foundation- Rimmel wake me up (daytime), Estée Lauder DW (night)

Concealer- Rimmel wake me up (not great, would love some cheapish suggestions)

Blusher- an elf one, can't remember the name!

Highlighter- mac soft and gentle

Bronzer- hoola benefit

Face powder- maybeline

Eye shadows- smash box palette for blue eyes

Mascara- million lashes excess

Don't use eyeliner as it always smudges, cos my eyes water alot, any recommend one that won't budge?

Never realised how many products I use, it's kinda crazy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Am not a make up person, but my fave things are:

Anything by Elizabeth Arden. Flamin amazing products! Am always suggesting the moisturiser with the SPF in it on here. Cant recommend it highly enough :).

Clarins Comfort Cleanser. I use this out of laziness really. Alls you need is a cotton pad, and bobs your uncle, youre cleansed and toned.

I think body shop shower gels are the best, but they are quite expensive. Also from the body shop, I use the 3 in 1 (cheeks, eye, lips) Lily Cole range.
    Again, done out of laziness, but does the job and takes 10 seconds :-).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Have a few regulars in the bag. I can't stop buying new products. Anything that says "will give you a healthy complexion" or "airbrushed look" and I've got to have it.

-Simple Foaming Cleanser. I went away from the Simple range and tried No.7 Beautiful Skin...came back to Simple. Great range and great price!
    -Garnier Moisture Match Moisturizer for Dull Skin. New toy. Bought last week and I love it. It's a gel and sinks in to my skin nicely. Soft skin all day.
    -Revlon Eyeshadow Quads.
    -Estee Lauder Lipstick in Elizabeth Pink. Discontinued unfortunately.:( I'm coveting the last teeny bit I've left. LOVE the colour; slightly satiny light pink and suited my complexion to a tee. My grandparents bought it for me years ago!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

Concealer- Rimmel wake me up (not great, would love some cheapish suggestions)

Don't use eyeliner as it always smudges, cos my eyes water alot, any recommend one that won't budge?

I swear by Collection Lasting Perfection (?) concealer and Geisha Ink eyeliner. I could never wear deep set eyeliner with my deep set eyes until I started using this- pricey but worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭hedgehog21

Benefit Porefessional
    Benefit dandelion blusher
    Clinque moisturising gloss in grapefruit
    MAC cremesheen glass in boy bait
    garnier bb cream in light
    erase paste
    they're real mascara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

A year later and I'm still loving Carmex lip balm and the UD Naked 1 palette.

NARS blush in Orgasm is another must have I forgot and the Mint and Tea-tree Original Source shower gel!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭hedgehog21

Novella wrote: »
    A year later and I'm still loving Carmex lip balm and the UD Naked 1 palette.

NARS blush in Orgasm is another must have I forgot and the Mint and Tea-tree Original Source shower gel!

A bonus aswell is that both weren't tested on animals :)
    Well for me it is anyway I do love carmex and ud. Wont buy their products anymore since they changed their production.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Infadolan - Vitamin A & D ointment, love this stuff! I use it on my lips and under my eyes daily.

923c888e26e352a9fbc0bb47ba493ee1.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I'm loving my new Elemis Pro Radiance Cream Cleanser.. It's heavenly!

I have combination skin and it can be tricky sometimes to get a good balance.. but this stuff really leaves my face feeling amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Candycrush

*EVOO
    *Benefit Bella Bamba
    *Vaseline
    *Avon Anew Rejuvenate Cleanser, Day Cream, Night Cream & Eye Cream
    *Too Faced Mood Swing Lip Gloss
    *Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner
    *Artdeco Camouflage
    *Benefit That Gal
    *Urban Decay Naked Palettes (Love them both)
    *Joico Purple Shampoo

I am still looking for my perfect foundation & mascara.

I'm addicted to trying out new products and this thread is fab :) I'm already making a list of things to get when salaries come in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Spent years never buying the same brand twice but now stick to the same items which seem to work for me...

Boots vitamin e moisturiser (it's usually 2 for a fiver as well)
    Clean and clear exfoliating wash
    ELDW (the only foundation that I have to repurchase)
    Benefit dandelion blusher
    Big beautiful eyes (shadow is gone so currently using it for the brow shadow)
    Benefit bad gal liner
    Essence liquid eyeliner (€3.09, fab and you can pick it up in dunnes)

Big big mascara fan so tend keep switching brands in the search for the holy grail but tbh mostly end up going back to loreal million lashes, it's so good.

Bought mac skinfinish bronzer last month and it's amazing so can see myself continually repurchasing this also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I have two must-haves at the moment. The first is Carmex Moisture Plus. The stuff is amazing. 2 days ago my lips were very chapped and sore. I used it two or three times a day for the last day or two and my lips are perfect again.

The second is Dermalogica Multivitamin Hand and Nail Treatment.

heya :) the gingerly blusher is really good :) I use it during the day and at night time ..i just apply more when going out.. it looks really naturaly if you just apply a little for day time..hope this helps :):)

Advertisement