Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Father Ted

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Father Dougal: [at the Airport] I think this is the greatest moment of my life!

Mrs. Doyle: Me too!

Father Jack Hackett: [shouts] Big bras!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

I almost fell of the couch laughing at Bishop Brennan after Ted went into his room to use the toilet.

He looks horrified

"But there's no toilet in here!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭GaryIrv93

Ted: ''That used to be quite common you know - the favourite son would become a doctor, and the idiot brother'd be sent off to the priesthood, heh''
    Dougal: ''Your brother's a doctor isn't he?''
    Ted: ''Yes,''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

''Milk goes sour you know. Except for UHT milk, but there's no demand for that because it's shíte.''

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Ted: Sheep, like all wool-bearing animals, instinctively travel north, where it's colder, and they won't be so stuffy.

Dougal: so which way is north then?

Ted: Ehh, I don't know.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Yahoo. I love this thread. :D

(Todd Unctuous watching Extended Latin Mass)

He gives good Mass. He really knows how to work the altar. Look at that chalice work. Effortless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

In the episode where the sheep are in a contest and a voice in the background goes "fookin hell"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I really shouldnt be here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

He got a mane of white hair, kinda like you get on a mule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

benway wrote: »
    He got a mane of white hair, kinda like you get on a mule.

"I was in a bar in Celbridge..."

"Father Clippit says a good long mass. Four hours he does. Since his stroke."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

"Get them feckin' Crunchies out of the car..."

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

Mrs Doyle: Ah, look at him there with his hairy hands!

Fr Jack: Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

Fr Ted: You were wearing your blue jumper?
    Fr Dougal: Ah, Sister Assumpta!!

Fr. Ted: Doesn't Mary have a lovely bottom?
    Priest: Careful Father, you might offend some of the girls.
    Fr. Ted: Of course, they all have lovely bottoms!

I'm not after the Chinese!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fundlebundle

This is from memory as incant fin the quote:

Ms Dineen: did you hear what happened mr Sweeney?
    These young lads broke in his house and started messin with him and they put a bra on him.
    Ms Doyle: poor mr sweeney he won't like that. I heard there where over 200 cases of forced transvestism involving mr Sweeney this year.

It's all the small stories about the strange characters that inhabit the island that I love the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭benway

Benson: ''I've had that whistle for 40 year! Saved me grandfather it did''

Ted: - ''Did it?''

Benson: - ''It did indeed. He was being executed by the British. When they shot him, the whistle was in his shirt pocket and deflected all the bullets away from him!''

Ted: - ''That's incredible! Did he survive?''

Benson: - ''No they just reloaded and shot him again...'' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

"Ah Ted! Bishops love sci-fi"

GaryIrv93 wrote: »

Benson: - ''It did indeed. He was being executed by the British. When they shot him, the whistle was in his shirt pocket and deflected all the bullets away from him!''

Fup off:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Paully D wrote: »
    Superb comedy really, hasn't aged at all in the 14 years since the last episode was made. One of the small few shows I can watch time and time again and still get a laugh from.

I'd imagine it was very controversial at the time of its release though.

What's your favourite episode? Personally I like ''Hell'', where the lads go on holiday to the caravan park and end up having to share a caravan with Father Noel Furlong (Graham Norton). Other classics are the episodes where Ted is accused of being racist and ''Kicking Bishop Brennan Up the Arse''.

It has aged in fairness. There are many references to nineties pop culture and politics. For example the Sinead O'Connor like artist, the horse called "Divorce Referendum" etc.

It wasn't that controversial at the time of its release either. Some priests denounced it, but such protestations were in the minority and largely ignored by the media.

micropig wrote: »
    Fup off:D

Ya grasshole! :D

• Advertisement

It has aged in fairness. There are many references to nineties pop culture and politics. For example the Sinead O'Connor like artist, the horse called "Divorce Referendum" etc.

It wasn't that controversial at the time of its release either. Some priests denounced it, but such protestations were in the minority and largely ignored by the media.

Careful now!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭user098

Was't Fr Brian Darcy, Dermot Morgan's inspiration for Fr. Trendy and later Fr. Ted ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Ya grasshole! :D

this is my fuppin spot

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

Just watched that episode too :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Fieldies Dreams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Eh Sinead O'Connor has been all over the news in the last week - and the way things are goin with abortion now a discussion point, it won't be long before divorce referendums are being discussed again - lets face it the 4 year thing is ridiculous.

Randomly enough I've caught a few episodes of this for the first time in years and thoroughly enjoyed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Bishop Brennan: Crilly, it's me, Bishop Brennan.
    Father Ted: Oh feck! [realises his mistake]
    Bishop Brennan: WHAT!?
    Father Ted: [putting on a bad French accent] 'Oo is dis? Zere is no Crilly 'ere! [hangs up]

_____________________________________________________________________________

Bishop Brennan: Alright Crilly, I'll make this short. What would the following suggest to you: "Jack", "sleep-walking", and "bollock-naked"?
    Father Ted: Oh no!
    Bishop Brennan: Now this is the third time in the last six months! You may have heard of Brian Noonan, a very important Junior Minister- and a personal friend of mine- and I can tell you now the last thing he and his family needs to see is the vision of an elderly priest wearing only a hat and a pair of socks! Now I'll be around on Thursday to inspect security arrangements, and Crilly...
    Father Ted: Yes, your Grace?
    Bishop Brennan: [referring to the previous call] If you ever try to bull**** me like that again, I will rip off your arms!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

buyer95 wrote: »
    Father Ted has a couple of good moments. Pretty mediocre.

Does us all a favour and just die

-snip-

Poster banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Do me a favour and let me know when your kids *fingers crossed* get leukemia.

What a truly f*cked up thing to say. Unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Do me a favour and let me know when your kids *fingers crossed* get leukemia.

What a truly f*cked up thing to say. Unreal.

It's fine for him to tell me to go die though? The hypocrisy is what is unreal.

Advertisement